<< Prev page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. 366 Next page >>
Report on the Moun.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Link below is from.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
When I first saw p.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
2015-09-17 14:49:44
Satmap Active 10
Hi does anyone know if the Satmap Active 10 is a good GPS? I have been using the Garmin Oregon 400t and I'm ready to change - the Garmin is touchscreen which is just too awkward when wearing bulky gloves. Also I don’t need all the extra features on the Garmin – geocaching, fishing etc. My Garmin is about 6 years old and showing its age a little. (screen is a bit scratched).The Satmap has buttons that I believe are more glove-friendly, and I think the unit is bigger than the Garmin.

I know there are newer Satmap models than the Active 10, but the one that might be available to me is the Satmap Active 10, and I wonder if anyone has an opinion on it. So specifically, I wonder:

In terms of technology is the Satmap 10 a backward step, an equal step, or a step forward in relation to the Garmin Oregon 400t?

Is the Satmap 10 easy to use with gloves?

I have the OSI mapping for the Republic of Ireland on a micro memory card which I put in the Garmin. Will this be compatible with the Satmap 10?

Is the Satmap Active 10 a good quality product the way the Garmin Oregon 400t felt like a good quality product?!

Will I regret or appreciate it if I get the Satmap 10?

I know some of these questions require subjective answers but I want to hear others’ opinions! Thanks.
I just had to reac.. by David-Guenot   (Show all posts)
and again...Hah!.... by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Good Lord no. Amu.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Imagine for a minu.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
I don't know wheth.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Link below is to a.. by brenno   (Show all posts)

Hart Walk
GSheehy 5 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 4 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...