<< Prev page 1 .. 14 15 16 17 18 19 .. 373 Next page >>
Dessie
Why .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Our good friend Pa.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
Report on the Moun.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Link below is from.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
When I first saw p.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2015-09-17 14:49:44
Satmap Active 10
Hi does anyone know if the Satmap Active 10 is a good GPS? I have been using the Garmin Oregon 400t and I'm ready to change - the Garmin is touchscreen which is just too awkward when wearing bulky gloves. Also I don’t need all the extra features on the Garmin – geocaching, fishing etc. My Garmin is about 6 years old and showing its age a little. (screen is a bit scratched).The Satmap has buttons that I believe are more glove-friendly, and I think the unit is bigger than the Garmin.

I know there are newer Satmap models than the Active 10, but the one that might be available to me is the Satmap Active 10, and I wonder if anyone has an opinion on it. So specifically, I wonder:

In terms of technology is the Satmap 10 a backward step, an equal step, or a step forward in relation to the Garmin Oregon 400t?

Is the Satmap 10 easy to use with gloves?

I have the OSI mapping for the Republic of Ireland on a micro memory card which I put in the Garmin. Will this be compatible with the Satmap 10?

Is the Satmap Active 10 a good quality product the way the Garmin Oregon 400t felt like a good quality product?!

Will I regret or appreciate it if I get the Satmap 10?

I know some of these questions require subjective answers but I want to hear others’ opinions! Thanks.
I just had to reac.. by David-Guenot   (Show all posts)
and again...Hah!.... by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Good Lord no. Amu.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Imagine for a minu.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)

This just arrived today in the post...
ColinCallanan 6 hours ago.
Thought I'd treat myself to the printed version, and it's good we can support MV in this way. Looking forward to reading all the nice articles in print. There's something nice about reading "off-s...

Day 19 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 18.6km, Climb: 1844m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 17 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 25.3km, Climb: 1873m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 16 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 28.6km, Climb: 2693m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 15 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 22.0km, Climb: 1941m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 13 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 16.5km, Climb: 1320m, Area: Austria, Vorarlberg ()

Day 12 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 11.1km, Climb: 1087m, Area: Austria, Vorarlberg ()

Visiting Collon Hill for coastal views.
simon3 8 hours ago.
Most of this track is on forest roads. The final way up leaves the forest road through an area of beech trees. There i... walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 193m, Area: Collon Hill, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Co

Walk up Ballinastraw
simon3 9 hours ago.
This is a straightforward walk to Ballinastraw, a wooded summit as of 2017.Notable is the Eucaylyptus plot near the en... walk, Len: 1.9km, Climb: 48m, Area: Ballinastraw, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Ba

Courtown/Clones area to Clogga
simon3 9 hours ago.
Beach north of Clones.Lookout Post 10From the Castletown/Clones area the walk north to Kilmichael is reasonably interest walk, Len: 11.6km, Climb: 79m, Area: North Wexford (Ireland)

Cnoc Lios Uachtair: Connemara in the round
fieldoptic a day ago.
An easy to access and navigate hill, well worth it for its central position and views in every direction. Park as previously suggested at L8530 4820 and head north east before swinging north. The ...

Cnoc Mordáin: Long Connemara Summer Evening
fieldoptic a day ago.
Though the road near L88003920 appears unfenced you will encounter a fence very soon after leaving the road. This fence extends along this back road, Bothar na Scrathóg and keeps cattle in typical...