<< Prev page 1 .. 28 29 30 31 32 33 .. 373 Next page >>
hi, can i upload a.. by paddyman   (Show all posts)
My apologies on ta.. by simoburn   (Show all posts)
Maybe too much fes.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo..ve.. by simoburn   (Show all posts)
https://aidymcglyn.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
Heartiest congratu.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
simoburn
2014-12-28 21:18:32
"The group on the summit of Mullaghcarn at 542m!" from simoburn Expand pics
The group on the summit of Mullaghcarn at 542m! (Expand pics)
PMG Final Summit Group Photo
Hi All,

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for coming out and supporting me on my final summit of my quest to climb all 454 summits of the Arderins and Vandeleur-Lynams mountains in 1 year! I started back on the 10.01.2014 and finished yesterday (27.12.2014) on Mullaghcarn in the Sperrin Mountains. The fact that people came along really made it for me! Of course I must take time to thank all Mountain Views users too! Throughout the year I have read and re-read peoples posts on summits and these comments along with GPS coordinates and other peoples GPS routes have helped me in my planning and helped give me ideas of what I may do in the hills myself. So, thank you all for all the info being uploaded! Likewise Simon Stewart for coming up with Mountain Views in the first place (genius)! I would especially like to thank Simon Stewart and David Owens (Onzy) who have answered so many questions about using the website, GPS units, summits and mountains and routes!!! Guys, thank you!!! I also would like to say a huge thank you to videographers Martin Critchley (mcrtchly) and Sharon Schwartz (kernowclimber) for hauling cameras and tripod stands up a mountains to capture this final summit on my challenge. Of course the editing and putting together of a video will probably take even more hard work and I look forward to seeing it, but again guys thank you so much! Also Mark Brennan (wicklore) for asking all the questions for the audio side of the video. I really appreciate the efforts involved, not to mention for coming along on the day itself! It has been great to meet some new MV users and put some faces to names too! If anyone from the walk has pictures to share feel free to email them on to me at: simonbyrne22@gmail.com

Cheers again and see you on the hills!

Simon
This new film foll.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Some of the Mounta.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)
If you're indulgin.. by Aidy   (Show all posts)

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman 12 hours ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka 12 hours ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka 12 hours ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka 13 hours ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 13 hours ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 14 hours ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.