<< Prev page 1 .. 28 29 30 31 32 33 .. 372 Next page >>
Hey all, I am head.. by simoburn   (Show all posts)
Ciarraioch, there'.. by patmoran   (Show all posts)
It's a fair cop gu.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Prithee Peter, who.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
The Etrex30 is a v.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Beloved Colleagues.. by ciarraioch   (Show all posts)
Hi all. I was hop.. by happymourneview   (Show all posts)
...I thought it wa.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
happymourneview
2014-11-27 03:00:26
Carrauntoohil
I found out about this tragedy this afternoon in a outdoors supply shop in Newry. I was shocked at hearing this news. The most exciting day in my memory banks came last April when for the first time this summit cross came into view. I was literally shaking with excitement at reaching the highest point in Ireland. Almost and quite possibly crying at touching this vast structure. I was thanking God for giving me such a perfect day for my ascent with perfect clear views. Interestingly I am an committed atheist, yet I was quite happy thanking a higher order for my safety on this mighty rocky summit...... I really do hope that this cross is re erected as soon as a safe window of opportunity is possible. A wonderful navigational aid. Also leaves hikers with a firm knowledge that the summit has been reached. I also love cairns and trig points, yet have no tolerance for wind powered generators on mountains!............. (just my personal viewpoint of course) I am fine with them out at sea though, or wave powered generation (there must be an alternative to spoiling our precious countryside and wilderness). However as for this amazing steel cross on Carrauntoohil, it is in my mind a national treasure worthy of re erection / restoration.

Slainte
Hi
There is.. by wooly   (Show all posts)

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Dunkerron Spine
Msbinireland 3 days ago.
Caution: ONLY consider doing this route in clear weather and after a dry spell. Many sections may be impassable after... run, Len: 29.3km, Climb: 1597m, Area: Mullaghanattin, Dunkerron Mountains (Ire

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...