<< Prev page 1 .. 31 32 33 34 35 36 .. 372 Next page >>
About two years ag.. by David-Guenot   (Show all posts)
I cannot say for c.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
We can sometimes g.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
I charged down to .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Also they have a w.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Cheap trekking pol.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
The man who died w.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Dear friends,We fo.. by des carroll   (Show all posts)
Forgive me for get.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Onzy
2014-09-08 21:00:36
Top of the Hill
I wonder how many baggers there are, who 'think' they have climbed a particular summit, but actually have not. Only those with GPS who try to log their walks here or elsewhere may discover their shortcomings!

Having just logged track 2713, an out and back route to Crocknafarragh and its subsidiary top, I looked at the analysis, to discover that Crocknafarragh SE Top was not listed as visited, and that my track stopped suspiciously short ... by about 200m. Only a frantic digging out of the maps revealed that I had actually summited point 463. To the SE of 463 however, is an tiny unmarked circular contour which logic indicates must be 470m, curiously enough, the MV height of Crocknafarragh SE Top!.

So, scrub one hill. Funnily enough, this is not the first time this has happened to me - i have previously logged and then been compelled to 'unlog', Curra Hill in Glenbeigh and Ballinastraw in Wicklow. Each time I reached a subsidiary top rather than the main top and turned to stride back down without confirming my position exactly. Each time I stared in horror as MV told me 'close but no cigar'. Each time I ruefully clicked the 'climbed' button to 'NO'. Each time I have promised myself that I will plug in the MV co-ordinates of every hill and not just Arderins and VLs as now. Until the next time.

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy a day ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy a day ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...