<< Prev page 1 .. 32 33 34 35 36 37 .. 372 Next page >>
Have done a lot of.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Beara has a specia.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Cheers very much l.. by happymourneview   (Show all posts)
I still have some,.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Yes, there's a few.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Just wondering wea.. by happymourneview   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2014-09-04 22:53:27
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UNUWf3V1I" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UNUWf3V1I (Expand pics)
Film Review- Rossbeighed Reeks
I restrained myself from rushing into print by way of comment on "POV Climbing on Eastern MacGillicuddy's Reeks" by rossbeighed. I was worried that I might be having a fuddy duddy reaction to an experimental piece. I'm sure we've all seen the type of documentary where the camera is hand held and there is an amount of swiveling and rapid movement. It makes for drama in the right circumstances. This kind of hosepipe effect is quite common. too, in pop videos...I think that young brains can handle rapid movement but, to be completely honest, its very difficult for the likes of me to cope with it. I can feel my brain being scrambled. But this director/cameraman most definitely has potential. For a start he and his pals gambol about effortlessly and fearlessly. I think that the GoPro type shots need to be limited to small sections of the movie. And I would urge that serious consideration be given to playing such shots in slow motion. This will enable the mentally challenged such as myself to take in the drama without suffering ataxia. It's the screen contents rather than the camera that should be lively. Panning and slow zooming is fine, in small doses. More good things about this movie. There's the inclusion of graphics designed to show the viewer where the action is taking place. The interposing of such data needs to be crisp so that it does not totally interrupt the action. You know there's an awful lot of work involved in these videos...setting up shots...maybe repeating the action to get it right. Close ups. And editing. And unifying the action by dumping most of the contemporaneous sound and replacing it with music. I felt that something really pacy was needed so I switched off the sound and replaced it with YouTube Hard-Fi - Living For The Weekend (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGardUiWjR4). That gave me a flavour of how the rapid action could be stitched up with sound. ( I also enjoyed superimposing the sound of The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1c2OfAzDTI )
So here's my message. Keep on at it...The idea is not to replicate what our leading folks are doing, but to go beyond what they are doing. You can bust up those formulae but you cannot re write the underlying rules of motion pictures...Ban the hosepipe. Edit the sound. Edit the action. Sharpen the focus.
Anyone else's comm.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
I've been meaning .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Not going to repea.. by brenno   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 a day ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 5 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 4 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...