<< Prev page 1 .. 34 35 36 37 38 39 .. 373 Next page >>
I still have some,.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Yes, there's a few.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Just wondering wea.. by happymourneview   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2014-09-04 22:53:27
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UNUWf3V1I" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UNUWf3V1I (Expand pics)
Film Review- Rossbeighed Reeks
I restrained myself from rushing into print by way of comment on "POV Climbing on Eastern MacGillicuddy's Reeks" by rossbeighed. I was worried that I might be having a fuddy duddy reaction to an experimental piece. I'm sure we've all seen the type of documentary where the camera is hand held and there is an amount of swiveling and rapid movement. It makes for drama in the right circumstances. This kind of hosepipe effect is quite common. too, in pop videos...I think that young brains can handle rapid movement but, to be completely honest, its very difficult for the likes of me to cope with it. I can feel my brain being scrambled. But this director/cameraman most definitely has potential. For a start he and his pals gambol about effortlessly and fearlessly. I think that the GoPro type shots need to be limited to small sections of the movie. And I would urge that serious consideration be given to playing such shots in slow motion. This will enable the mentally challenged such as myself to take in the drama without suffering ataxia. It's the screen contents rather than the camera that should be lively. Panning and slow zooming is fine, in small doses. More good things about this movie. There's the inclusion of graphics designed to show the viewer where the action is taking place. The interposing of such data needs to be crisp so that it does not totally interrupt the action. You know there's an awful lot of work involved in these videos...setting up shots...maybe repeating the action to get it right. Close ups. And editing. And unifying the action by dumping most of the contemporaneous sound and replacing it with music. I felt that something really pacy was needed so I switched off the sound and replaced it with YouTube Hard-Fi - Living For The Weekend (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGardUiWjR4). That gave me a flavour of how the rapid action could be stitched up with sound. ( I also enjoyed superimposing the sound of The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1c2OfAzDTI )
So here's my message. Keep on at it...The idea is not to replicate what our leading folks are doing, but to go beyond what they are doing. You can bust up those formulae but you cannot re write the underlying rules of motion pictures...Ban the hosepipe. Edit the sound. Edit the action. Sharpen the focus.
Anyone else's comm.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
I've been meaning .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Not going to repea.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
Many thanks Bleck .. by scotchie   (Show all posts)
Many thanks to Joh.. by aidand   (Show all posts)
Exceptional walk; .. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 22 hours ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman 2 days ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka 2 days ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 days ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 days ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...