<< Prev page 1 .. 43 44 45 46 47 48 .. 372 Next page >>
An Tiaracht was co.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
JimD I noticed thi.. by whoRya   (Show all posts)
The next meeting o.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Thanks BleckCra: .. by JimD   (Show all posts)
BleckCra
2014-06-02 20:52:12
The Bouncers on Belbulbin
JimD there will be people on here better qualified to comment than I but my one visit to the place was not a good experience. It was with a well known and very responsible walking group in tow with a charity. The walk had been discussed by email in advance with the landowner and appro-ed. Still, when we came off the hill we got a dressing down by some enraged hillwalking hater. The only consolation was I was off the hill 15 minutes before the rest, so I got a grandstand seat for the fight.
I have flagged up my view on this matter several times so in the clear knowledge of repeating myself, where there is an issue, would people ever just go personally to the farmer and say "please" and on the way back call in and say "thank you." Sure if no one else ever got back on the hill I guarantee you would.
I plan to visit Ir.. by JimD   (Show all posts)
Scavvy 11Comeraghs.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
This is a commerat.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Currently OSi are .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
On the subject of .. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)

Carrig Island: Kerry Island.
sandman 5 hours ago.
The Island is connected to the mainland allowing for vehicle access and out from the coastal walk the island is well farmed it even has its own B/B. The high point of the island is located adjacen...

Glenstall Woods loop
markl12000 9 hours ago.
walk, Len: 14.0km, Climb: 302m, Area: Shannon (Ireland)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy a day ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker a day ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 3 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.