<< Prev page 1 .. 50 51 52 53 54 55 .. 373 Next page >>
The website is str.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2014-04-03 09:15:28
Pondering Cloonaghlin
Simon. Thanks for that. I started thinking about a route after viewing your track 2457 (Trackback: http://mountainviews.ie/track/2457/ ). Your notes got my appetite whetted. I've read the MV material on the mountains surrounding the lakes in question and its all very interesting. I took a look at Google Maps and "drove" up both the northern and southern roads into the coum. The northern road seems quite narrow, and bereft of parking spaces. I got it into my head (particularly noting Peter Walker's contributions, Joss Lynam's short southern circuit and A Hendroff's book) that it would make more sense to park on the southern side of the lakes. Which brought me to the question: could I save a lot of hassle by crossing between the lakes (subject to necessary permissions of course)? I particularly noted remarks by you and others re the wildness of the country between Cnoc Breasail, An Bhinn Lair and Coumcathcun, which is, for me, a consummation devoutly to be wished. Any route I plan will have to include Cnoc Breasail as I cannot leave it behind (having already done the Cloon Circuit). May I say that I love the planning stage...its almost as good as the act itself, and the endorphined calm that follows.
Looks like you are.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
SOUTHERN DUNKERRON.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
This is awful, ter.. by Trailtrekker   (Show all posts)
Ah Eoin, 1st April.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Eoin R.... and the.. by Onzy   (Show all posts)
I can't believe th.. by Eoin R   (Show all posts)
Go for it Capters .. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
As a boy, on Novem.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Crazy Hounds
roscorrocket an hour ago.
Only getting round to posting this now, as other factors intervened, but last Friday (July 14th) when coming towards the end of a circuit of five of the Mournes seven sevens, I watched in amazemen...

Curra Hill: Cloudy Climb
andreos97 an hour ago.
Fantastic walk, personally feel it's best starting your approach from Glenbeigh village and heading up through the forest as it's quite well signposted. Once leaving the cover of the trees, we wer...

This just arrived today in the post...
ColinCallanan 10 hours ago.
Thought I'd treat myself to the printed version, and it's good we can support MV in this way. Looking forward to reading all the nice articles in print. There's something nice about reading "off-s...

Day 19 Germany Trip
simoburn 12 hours ago.
walk, Len: 18.6km, Climb: 1844m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 17 Germany Trip
simoburn 12 hours ago.
walk, Len: 25.3km, Climb: 1873m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 16 Germany Trip
simoburn 12 hours ago.
walk, Len: 28.6km, Climb: 2693m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 15 Germany Trip
simoburn 12 hours ago.
walk, Len: 22.0km, Climb: 1941m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 13 Germany Trip
simoburn 12 hours ago.
walk, Len: 16.5km, Climb: 1320m, Area: Austria, Vorarlberg ()

Day 12 Germany Trip
simoburn 12 hours ago.
walk, Len: 11.1km, Climb: 1087m, Area: Austria, Vorarlberg ()

Visiting Collon Hill for coastal views.
simon3 13 hours ago.
Most of this track is on forest roads. The final way up leaves the forest road through an area of beech trees. There i... walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 193m, Area: Collon Hill, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Co

Walk up Ballinastraw
simon3 13 hours ago.
This is a straightforward walk to Ballinastraw, a wooded summit as of 2017.Notable is the Eucaylyptus plot near the en... walk, Len: 1.9km, Climb: 48m, Area: Ballinastraw, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Ba

Courtown/Clones area to Clogga
simon3 13 hours ago.
Beach north of Clones.Lookout Post 10From the Castletown/Clones area the walk north to Kilmichael is reasonably interest walk, Len: 11.6km, Climb: 79m, Area: North Wexford (Ireland)