<< Prev page 1 .. 311 312 313 314 315 316 .. 372 Next page >>
Kenny,Irish OS doe.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Hello hillwalkers .. by kennyb   (Show all posts)
Adding to the the.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Last word on those.. by mwalimu   (Show all posts)
Alex92
2008-03-01 15:22:54
"I didn
I didn't have a camera with me, so you'll have to make do with this pic from the web! (Expand pics)
Interesting discoveries in the hills
Whilst walking the path in the plain between Moolieve and Wee Binnian, something quite interesting caught my eye. Sitting on a boulder was a tiny "Common" Lizard. It's grey-ish brown dorsal surface provided perfect camouflage against the peat and heather. To my surprise, it was quite placid and didn't run off when I approached it to get a better look. On closer inspection I noticed it had a dark stripe running down the entire length of the spine and had yellow spots on it's side. After a while it scurried off the rock and disappeared into the heather. This was the first time I've ever spotted a lizard in the Mournes, hopefully I'll come across some more in the future! In my opinion they certainly do not deserve the title, "Common"! Has anyone else on MV encountered the beastie's before?
mwalimu,Back in th.. by keith mooney   (Show all posts)
The Galtees and Kn.. by Finnegan   (Show all posts)
Here's the problem.. by mwalimu   (Show all posts)
My first thought w.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Has anyone ever no.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 less than an hour ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Dunkerron Spine
Msbinireland 3 days ago.
Caution: ONLY consider doing this route in clear weather and after a dry spell. Many sections may be impassable after... run, Len: 29.3km, Climb: 1597m, Area: Mullaghanattin, Dunkerron Mountains (Ire