<< Prev page 1 .. 311 312 313 314 315 316 .. 372 Next page >>
This is an opinion.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Kenny,Irish OS doe.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Hello hillwalkers .. by kennyb   (Show all posts)
Adding to the the.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Last word on those.. by mwalimu   (Show all posts)
Whilst walking the.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
keith mooney
2008-03-01 08:07:09
Re: laminating maps
mwalimu,

Back in the good old days when I required full sheet maps to be laminated and before the "Aqua range" of maps I used to take my paper maps to the Teachers Resource Centre in Clondalkin or Clonliff to laminate them myself.
Most of the teacher resource centres had large laminating machines at the time. You could also take them along to Reids of Nassua street where you could have them laminated for a price of course. I still have a lot of these coil spring maps gathering dust in a box under the bed in the spare room.

I have moved on since then as with most of my hill walking friends to the OSI'S TrailMaster software and now print off A4 size usually 1:25000 scale maps as many times as I like all for 50 euro for all the mountain ranges on the east coast including the Galtees. I laminate these maps on my own A4 laminator. I find most days hiking will fit on an A4 size page, they can be saved and used over and over again, no creasing required.

If you have access to a computer and printer I suggest maybe look at the software version.
The Galtees and Kn.. by Finnegan   (Show all posts)
Here's the problem.. by mwalimu   (Show all posts)
My first thought w.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy a day ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh

Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.