<< Prev page 1 .. 57 58 59 60 61 62 .. 372 Next page >>
I have had a first.. by David-Guenot   (Show all posts)
Very excited about.. by lennyantonelli   (Show all posts)
Aidy
2014-01-09 23:44:54
"View from the road along the West of the hill" from Aidy Expand pics
View from the road along the West of the hill (Expand pics)
Re Revised Summit Lists
This is brilliant - added three summits to my total without leaving my chair. I was able to comment on Cave Hill as I walked it recently enough, and Greenan Mountain because I've been up there often. The third, Fearns Hill, I won't comment on until I climb it again as it was too long ago and the memory is too vague. However, I wouldn't recommend travelling far. In my opinion it was a bit bland. Locally, we call it "The Fearn" and there is a minor road from Castlederg to Clady which passes very close to the summit, and a road branching off taking you closer still. This means if you are in the area it would take very little effort to reach the summit, but not worth a journey specifically to get there.

If I recall right, the views from the road which I travel daily, are at some points better than from the top itself, but my memory of the summit is vague, and I'll climb it again and write a proper comment just to confirm. The view in the photo is towards the Bluestacks with mist covering lower ground.

Note: I have since revisited the hill, and the views are much better than I remembered. I have now posted a full comment. Hope I didn't put anybody off!
What you will now .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
At 11:30 am on the.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Recently before a .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Dogs are not aloud.. by Trailtrekker   (Show all posts)
Anyone who has cli.. by Wilderness   (Show all posts)
RTE are showing a .. by aidand   (Show all posts)
This article was p.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy 17 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh

Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.