<< Prev page 1 .. 53 54 55 56 57 58 .. 366 Next page >>
Very windy, very d.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
[ Sorry, all sampl.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
2013-12-19 18:48:49
I have to agree with hivisibility, the Satmap Active 10 unit is an excellent one. I have found other units fiddly and hard to use in the cold and pretty flimsy when exposed to the elements - the Satmap however looks almost like an industrial unit rather than something aimed at the consumer - it's very rugged particularly when you opt for the rubber casing and it has big buttons usable with gloves.

The selection of maps is also pretty big - as well as the 1:50,000 OSI coverage for ROI, there is OSNI stuff, including the Activity Area Map content at 1:25,000 - the East West Mapping for Wicklow at 1:25,000 is also available as is some Harvey stuff and tons of other countries are covered. I also have the optional rechargeable battery pack which gives a full 24 hours of use and can be topped up in the car or by usb.

As hivisibility says, it is pricey; but if you have to buy a GPS you might as well buy a good one. I have used this for two years now and wouldn't be without it - there is a new version, the Active 12, due soon, and I will buy it as soon as it is available, without even seeing it - it's that good. And no I don't work for them!!

The old Active 10 will then go into the bag as a backup, replacing an old Garmin eTrek - which, as testament to the Satmap, hasn't been used, except for the occasional test, for as long as I have the Satmap.
What I use myself .. by hivisibility   (Show all posts)
The trouble with c.. by aidand   (Show all posts)
Thanks for the adv.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
Thank you for your.. by David-Guenot   (Show all posts)
The Mweelrea Horse.. by Harry Goodman   (Show all posts)
I would rate the C.. by conormcbandon   (Show all posts)
David, I own a Gar.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 18 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 18 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 18 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 18 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 18 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 18 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.

Knocknabreeda: View of Carrauntoohil from the summit.
hivisibility 18 hours ago.
Carrauntoohil from Knocknabreeda summit.

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...

Slieve Foye
Onzy 6 days ago.
Sunday route over Slieve Foye and along the ridge for a bit... walk, Len: 9.9km, Climb: 439m, Area: Slieve Foye, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland) Slie...