<< Prev page 1 .. 55 56 57 58 59 60 .. 366 Next page >>
Here is the new ve.. by Pazapas   (Show all posts)
I would be pleased.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Hi all. If anyone .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Come and meet some.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Scavenger Walk - 2.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
Well done Captain... by Harry Goodman   (Show all posts)
Had a great day on.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Captain Vertigo, a.. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
Friday will be a c.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Harry Goodman
2013-11-17 22:37:17
Slieve Maan
Pleased to see that jackill and simon3 have surveyed the respective heights of the two tops of Slieve Maan and have now determined that the SW Top is higher by almost 2 metres. This is in line with the old 6 inch map which showed the SW Top as the higher. All I can add is that thankfully, when I climbed Slieve Maan earlier in the year thinking the NE Top was the accepted high point, I also climbed the SW Top as an afterthought on my way back down. This is an uninspiring, peak bagers top and I am thankful that a last minute change to plans when I was there means I do not have to re-visit.

Hart Walk
GSheehy 7 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 4 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...