<< Prev page 1 .. 62 63 64 65 66 67 .. 372 Next page >>
BleckCra
2013-11-12 23:48:48
"" from BleckCra Expand pics
(Expand pics)
PARK CLOSED INDEFINITELY
The longer I remain on this planet, the fewer things I find to keep me here. I am in no rush to go mind, but I imagine that when I do, I shall not be troubled with what I leave behind.
In particular, I shall never come to terms with the demise of commonsense, the most important faculty bequeathed all living-surviving creatures.
What we have allowed ourselves to do is be bamboozled by so much tosh that tosh itself has almost become the new commonsense - and real commonsense has been consigned to the scrap heap.
So in my view, today was one of the greatest victories for commonsense the planet has ever seen.
First..., that the traffic cone is to remain on Wellington's heid in Glasgow and second ....., that a National Park in the Mournes has been shelved. Not parked (as in paved paradise) or reconstituted - but shelved. Returned to its small asylum cell where I trust it will see out its remaining years.
And better than that, we were able to hear The Mourne Heritage Trust get its big nose rubbed in it, courtesy of Good Morning Ulster featuring at Spelga Dam. The thing has been dumped because those with commonsense don't want it. Still, the Mourne Heritage Trust hopes that it will be exhumed and by then there will be a more "informed" debate. The arrogance is breathtaking - that any party in opposition to the silly plan, is ill informed - but when asked by the interviewer if it is just that people need to be better informed, the MHT regroups, remembers its raison d'etre and thinks it would actually rather see things "in practice" - like it and other zealots would be able to just blunder on with busy-work, wasteful, pointless jobs in the Mournes. I bet it would.
Anyway - National Park in the Mournes - good riddance to it and all views that sail in it. Would that there were more good riddances.
"The word “general.. by markod   (Show all posts)
FINTAN O'TOOLE WRI.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Well spotted marko.. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)
Following my recen.. by markod   (Show all posts)
New track built by.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
I'm not some tree .. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Very sorry to hear.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
Of course we want .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Looks like the Sup.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Dunkerron Spine
Msbinireland 3 days ago.
Caution: ONLY consider doing this route in clear weather and after a dry spell. Many sections may be impassable after... run, Len: 29.3km, Climb: 1597m, Area: Mullaghanattin, Dunkerron Mountains (Ire

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...