<< Prev page 1 .. 66 67 68 69 70 71 .. 366 Next page >>
Conor -- nice try.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
...IMRA run in the.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
BleckCra, I am mos.. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)
Just an addendum t.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
Delighted to see n.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
Could we all remem.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
2013-09-01 22:53:19
Another thing - and why not? Coming off Hare's Gap to the Polaphuca today, it looked like some vehicle parked at the foot of the Gap. In the 20 years of walking these mountains I am pleased to say I and everyone else have never seen any kind of vehicle at this height. Everything stays at ground level at the Trassey car park. So I thought it must be an optical illusion - farmers stuff etc. But nope there it was - a pickup van and through the binos I could have sworn I saw the Mourne Heritage Trust logo. I do hope I was mistaken and that the guardians of the Mourne Mountains choose to walk the track and not to drive it. Of course they could have been recce-ing the next chapter of their track building work. I didn't see anybody doing that but I did see a lot of boys craic-ing and keeho-ing up on the Gap. Something to do with the Mourne Wall Walk.
Wonder if the MHT would like to comment - now there would be a thing.
What this is, is p.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
Ah march-fixer - l.. by BleckCra   (Show all posts)
Keep up the great .. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)

Hart Walk
GSheehy an hour ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 2 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 3 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.