<< Prev page 1 .. 83 84 85 86 87 88 .. 366 Next page >>
Hello, I am embark.. by maurice12   (Show all posts)
I lost my GPS in W.. by Finola   (Show all posts)
Had 35 of the 39 b.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
2013-03-01 14:27:41
"Broken priorities" from wicklore Expand pics
Broken priorities (Expand pics)
Someone loves the fauna, not the flora
On a recent walk of Mangerton I came across this scene at the start of my walk at the northern approach to the mountain where the trail begins that leads up to the Devils Punch Bowl. There is an A4 sheet of paper pasted to a tree overhanging the little stream. The A4 sheet of paper contains a number of images of wildlife and is an advertisement for the services of a wildlife photographer.

As I put on my boots I idly wondered how the person was able to reach across the stream to stick up the poster, as an approach from behind the tree didn’t look feasible. That’s when I took in the wider picture and realised that a number of branches in front of the poster were snapped and hanging down – as if to indicate that someone had put a ladder or board across the stream and leaned on the branches to put up the poster. The poster is up too high to make standing in the stream to put it up unlikely.

Now I accept there could be other explanations, and that’s why I won’t name the photographer, but is it possible that a wildlife photographer might have broken these branches in the process of advertising their wildlife photography? If not, who else might have broken them, right in front of the poster?
Yes, 'hot spots' f.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Dont know if this .. by hivisibility   (Show all posts)
These wind farms a.. by scannerman   (Show all posts)
I had a quick look.. by Astrofizz01   (Show all posts)
2 copies of "the b.. by muzag   (Show all posts)
This Friday Februa.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe less than an hour ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe an hour ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility an hour ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 23 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.