<< Prev page 1 .. 89 90 91 92 93 94 .. 373 Next page >>
Recently John G O'.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Track 2126 is an e.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hello, I am embark.. by maurice12   (Show all posts)
I lost my GPS in W.. by Finola   (Show all posts)
Had 35 of the 39 b.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2013-03-01 14:27:41
"Broken priorities" from wicklore Expand pics
Broken priorities (Expand pics)
Someone loves the fauna, not the flora
On a recent walk of Mangerton I came across this scene at the start of my walk at the northern approach to the mountain where the trail begins that leads up to the Devils Punch Bowl. There is an A4 sheet of paper pasted to a tree overhanging the little stream. The A4 sheet of paper contains a number of images of wildlife and is an advertisement for the services of a wildlife photographer.

As I put on my boots I idly wondered how the person was able to reach across the stream to stick up the poster, as an approach from behind the tree didn’t look feasible. That’s when I took in the wider picture and realised that a number of branches in front of the poster were snapped and hanging down – as if to indicate that someone had put a ladder or board across the stream and leaned on the branches to put up the poster. The poster is up too high to make standing in the stream to put it up unlikely.

Now I accept there could be other explanations, and that’s why I won’t name the photographer, but is it possible that a wildlife photographer might have broken these branches in the process of advertising their wildlife photography? If not, who else might have broken them, right in front of the poster?
Yes, 'hot spots' f.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Dont know if this .. by hivisibility   (Show all posts)
These wind farms a.. by scannerman   (Show all posts)
I had a quick look.. by Astrofizz01   (Show all posts)

This just arrived today in the post...
ColinCallanan 6 hours ago.
Thought I'd treat myself to the printed version, and it's good we can support MV in this way. Looking forward to reading all the nice articles in print. There's something nice about reading "off-s...

Day 19 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 18.6km, Climb: 1844m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 17 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 25.3km, Climb: 1873m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 16 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 28.6km, Climb: 2693m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 15 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 22.0km, Climb: 1941m, Area: Germany, Bavaria ()

Day 13 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 16.5km, Climb: 1320m, Area: Austria, Vorarlberg ()

Day 12 Germany Trip
simoburn 8 hours ago.
walk, Len: 11.1km, Climb: 1087m, Area: Austria, Vorarlberg ()

Visiting Collon Hill for coastal views.
simon3 8 hours ago.
Most of this track is on forest roads. The final way up leaves the forest road through an area of beech trees. There i... walk, Len: 5.8km, Climb: 193m, Area: Collon Hill, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Co

Walk up Ballinastraw
simon3 9 hours ago.
This is a straightforward walk to Ballinastraw, a wooded summit as of 2017.Notable is the Eucaylyptus plot near the en... walk, Len: 1.9km, Climb: 48m, Area: Ballinastraw, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Ba

Courtown/Clones area to Clogga
simon3 9 hours ago.
Beach north of Clones.Lookout Post 10From the Castletown/Clones area the walk north to Kilmichael is reasonably interest walk, Len: 11.6km, Climb: 79m, Area: North Wexford (Ireland)

Cnoc Lios Uachtair: Connemara in the round
fieldoptic a day ago.
An easy to access and navigate hill, well worth it for its central position and views in every direction. Park as previously suggested at L8530 4820 and head north east before swinging north. The ...

Cnoc Mordáin: Long Connemara Summer Evening
fieldoptic a day ago.
Though the road near L88003920 appears unfenced you will encounter a fence very soon after leaving the road. This fence extends along this back road, Bothar na Scrathóg and keeps cattle in typical...