<< Prev page 1 .. 315 316 317 318 319 320 .. 372 Next page >>
Alex, hill-walking.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Alex92
2007-11-21 19:15:36
Mourne Youth Rangers 09
Just tried to edit my desperately embarrassing, pseudo-erudite rants of teenage angst from years ago, after Maclimb reminded me of them today at the Mourne Youth Rangers! It obviously didn't work, so I might aswell make the best of this post. Well as some of you may know, the Mourne Heritage Trust run a Youth Ranger programme which basically allows young people to get involved with the conservation work that would normally be carried out by the rangers and countryside officers of the Mourne Heritage Trust. I've attended the programme the past 3 summers and have thoroughly enjoyed them, I'd recommend this type of volunteer conservation work to everyone. I have learnt a lot from my time with the Youth Rangers. I have gained so much knowledge of the flora and fauna of Mourne and it has made my hiking experiences so much more fulfilling. But most of all, I have gained a respect not only for those who work tirelessly to conserve Mourne, but for the area itself. I have learnt that Mourne, as vast and great as it may be, is a desperately delicate area and how our actions, no matter how significant, ultimately determine the future of this area. I plan to continue with my volunteer work in the Mourne Heritage Trust next year as an adult volunteer ranger. I doubt they'll be reading this but I'd like to thank Alan Whitcroft, Dave Farnan and Catherine and everyone else involved in making the Youth Ranger Programme possible.
Just in case anyon.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Hello Padodes.Have.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)
Thanks simon and d.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Conditions, padode.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
Ten years ago a ma.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Simon helpfully ma.. by eflanaga   (Show all posts)
I'm not so sure th.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Why are there so f.. by padodes   (Show all posts)

Carrig Island: Kerry Island.
sandman 9 hours ago.
The Island is connected to the mainland allowing for vehicle access and out from the coastal walk the island is well farmed it even has its own B/B. The high point of the island is located adjacen...

Glenstall Woods loop
markl12000 13 hours ago.
walk, Len: 14.0km, Climb: 302m, Area: Shannon (Ireland)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy a day ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker 2 days ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 4 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.