<< Prev page 1 .. 316 317 318 319 320 321 .. 373 Next page >>
One thing never, E.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
Ever been poked by.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Right Davie - I ho.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Firstly, good musi.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
Alex - what do you.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Well it just annoy.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
Alex, hill-walking.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Alex92
2007-11-21 19:15:36
Mourne Youth Rangers 09
Just tried to edit my desperately embarrassing, pseudo-erudite rants of teenage angst from years ago, after Maclimb reminded me of them today at the Mourne Youth Rangers! It obviously didn't work, so I might aswell make the best of this post. Well as some of you may know, the Mourne Heritage Trust run a Youth Ranger programme which basically allows young people to get involved with the conservation work that would normally be carried out by the rangers and countryside officers of the Mourne Heritage Trust. I've attended the programme the past 3 summers and have thoroughly enjoyed them, I'd recommend this type of volunteer conservation work to everyone. I have learnt a lot from my time with the Youth Rangers. I have gained so much knowledge of the flora and fauna of Mourne and it has made my hiking experiences so much more fulfilling. But most of all, I have gained a respect not only for those who work tirelessly to conserve Mourne, but for the area itself. I have learnt that Mourne, as vast and great as it may be, is a desperately delicate area and how our actions, no matter how significant, ultimately determine the future of this area. I plan to continue with my volunteer work in the Mourne Heritage Trust next year as an adult volunteer ranger. I doubt they'll be reading this but I'd like to thank Alan Whitcroft, Dave Farnan and Catherine and everyone else involved in making the Youth Ranger Programme possible.
Just in case anyon.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Hello Padodes.Have.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 10 hours ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman 2 days ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka 2 days ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 days ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 days ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...