<< Prev page 1 .. 85 86 87 88 89 90 .. 366 Next page >>
Dino,I have sent y.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Thanks aidand for .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
A Guide to Ireland.. by aidand   (Show all posts)
Anyone have a list.. by dino   (Show all posts)
WIN A COPY OF Done.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
2013-02-08 15:33:16
"Throwing the baby out with the bathwater..." from wicklore Expand pics
Throwing the baby out with the bathwater... (Expand pics)
Sealskinz Sealz the deal
Yes at the recent, brilliant, WAI quiz I was the recipient of a fine pair of SealSkinz waterproof socks (worth about €35, although they may have been secondhand so value to be adjusted accordingly!) I’m not sure how I came to win them – as I tried to sneak home with my sulking team after not coming third, I was eagerly sought out by two fine quiz-organisers who insisted I wait to be awarded this valuable prize. This was either to buy my silence or in recognition that I knew that Babylon was in the land known as Iraq today, or that Abu Simbel temple in Egypt is on the shores of Lake Nasser (the lake that was formed when the River Nile was dammed to control annual flooding)

It was a great night, and I look forward to next year (if I'm welcome!) where I shall wear my SealSkinz socks and my raffle prize jumper and lead my team in reclaiming the coveted third place spot! Congratulations to those who did come third (and first, and second). Keep those third place seats warm…!

Thanks again to the organisers for the craic and hard work. All proceeds went to Mountain Rescue which is a most noble charity. (for those interested in my original ‘Gleninagh or Gleninagh’ write-up of the quiz see here: http://mountainviews.ie/motleyviews/general/comment/6692/ )

With our own annual MountainViews event on 22nd February fast approaching, I hope we can have as good as attendance and as much of a successful night. To pre-book your place, simply email secretary@mountainviews.ie for details
Oh Wicklore, Wickl.. by Jim Holmes   (Show all posts)
This is a really g.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
It’s time to start.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Dino. You are r.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 22 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe a day ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility a day ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 4 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 2 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 3 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...