<< Prev page 1 .. 90 91 92 93 94 95 .. 372 Next page >>
From http://www.co.. by muzag   (Show all posts)
Came across it yes.. by madfrankie   (Show all posts)
Thank you :).. by dino   (Show all posts)
Dino,I have sent y.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Thanks aidand for .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
A Guide to Ireland.. by aidand   (Show all posts)
Anyone have a list.. by dino   (Show all posts)
WIN A COPY OF Done.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2013-02-08 15:33:16
"Throwing the baby out with the bathwater..." from wicklore Expand pics
Throwing the baby out with the bathwater... (Expand pics)
Sealskinz Sealz the deal
Yes at the recent, brilliant, WAI quiz I was the recipient of a fine pair of SealSkinz waterproof socks (worth about €35, although they may have been secondhand so value to be adjusted accordingly!) I’m not sure how I came to win them – as I tried to sneak home with my sulking team after not coming third, I was eagerly sought out by two fine quiz-organisers who insisted I wait to be awarded this valuable prize. This was either to buy my silence or in recognition that I knew that Babylon was in the land known as Iraq today, or that Abu Simbel temple in Egypt is on the shores of Lake Nasser (the lake that was formed when the River Nile was dammed to control annual flooding)

It was a great night, and I look forward to next year (if I'm welcome!) where I shall wear my SealSkinz socks and my raffle prize jumper and lead my team in reclaiming the coveted third place spot! Congratulations to those who did come third (and first, and second). Keep those third place seats warm…!

Thanks again to the organisers for the craic and hard work. All proceeds went to Mountain Rescue which is a most noble charity. (for those interested in my original ‘Gleninagh or Gleninagh’ write-up of the quiz see here: http://mountainviews.ie/motleyviews/general/comment/6692/ )

With our own annual MountainViews event on 22nd February fast approaching, I hope we can have as good as attendance and as much of a successful night. To pre-book your place, simply email secretary@mountainviews.ie for details
Oh Wicklore, Wickl.. by Jim Holmes   (Show all posts)

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy a day ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy a day ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...