<< Prev page 1 .. 92 93 94 95 96 97 .. 373 Next page >>
Dino,I have sent y.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Thanks aidand for .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
A Guide to Ireland.. by aidand   (Show all posts)
Anyone have a list.. by dino   (Show all posts)
WIN A COPY OF Done.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2013-02-08 15:33:16
"Throwing the baby out with the bathwater..." from wicklore Expand pics
Throwing the baby out with the bathwater... (Expand pics)
Sealskinz Sealz the deal
Yes at the recent, brilliant, WAI quiz I was the recipient of a fine pair of SealSkinz waterproof socks (worth about €35, although they may have been secondhand so value to be adjusted accordingly!) I’m not sure how I came to win them – as I tried to sneak home with my sulking team after not coming third, I was eagerly sought out by two fine quiz-organisers who insisted I wait to be awarded this valuable prize. This was either to buy my silence or in recognition that I knew that Babylon was in the land known as Iraq today, or that Abu Simbel temple in Egypt is on the shores of Lake Nasser (the lake that was formed when the River Nile was dammed to control annual flooding)

It was a great night, and I look forward to next year (if I'm welcome!) where I shall wear my SealSkinz socks and my raffle prize jumper and lead my team in reclaiming the coveted third place spot! Congratulations to those who did come third (and first, and second). Keep those third place seats warm…!

Thanks again to the organisers for the craic and hard work. All proceeds went to Mountain Rescue which is a most noble charity. (for those interested in my original ‘Gleninagh or Gleninagh’ write-up of the quiz see here: http://mountainviews.ie/motleyviews/general/comment/6692/ )

With our own annual MountainViews event on 22nd February fast approaching, I hope we can have as good as attendance and as much of a successful night. To pre-book your place, simply email secretary@mountainviews.ie for details
Oh Wicklore, Wickl.. by Jim Holmes   (Show all posts)
This is a really g.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
It’s time to start.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Dino. You are r.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 7 hours ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman a day ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka a day ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 days ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 days ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...