<< Prev page 1 .. 97 98 99 100 101 102 .. 372 Next page >>
Thanks to Captain .. by madfrankie   (Show all posts)
Could I suggest th.. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-12-10 00:21:40
"The Horse that Carried Him to Victory" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
The Horse that Carried Him to Victory (Expand pics)
Hail Mad Frankie!
Madfrankie's achievement of the Arderin crown has has been marked by a prolonged silence on his part, a silence that goes way beyond the call of public humility. Although there are reports that a handful of others may have completed their own lists in a previous generation (and I salute them for it) the fact is that Mad is the FIRST living human being to have have walked the summits known as the Arderins, a concept minted on this site. I would like to think that I will join him in twenty or thirty years and consequently I would like to see the achievement properly celebrated, so as to establish a suitable precedent. The wearer of an Arderin Crown should be revered amongst hillwalkers as the great artists are in Aosdana. The title of Saoi (lit. "wise one") is the highest honour that members of Aosdána can bestow upon a fellow member. No more than seven living members can be so honoured at one time. They are Seóirse Bodley, Brian Friel, Patrick Scott, Camille Souter, Seamus Heaney. Now as far as I am concerned Mad is our Seamus and should be recognised as such. But why the silence? Are his minders holding him back for a book launch or a movie? May I say that I once met a lady with a camera at a WAI event who claimed to be connected to him but she disappeared into the crowd so I never got to check the whole thing out. Now I'll never get an intro. So what is this site going to do to honour the achievement? Some form of communal feast with a cake in the shape of the Reeks? Bacchanalian dancing? Or a mass walk to his nominated hill where we set up the mountain version of Woodstock? Speak our Leaders! Speak!
At 3:30pm today, S.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Question: You are .. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)
This is both techn.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hi,I found a sma.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Agille Verte & the.. by scannerman   (Show all posts)
I am always intere.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
You definitely nee.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy 17 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh

Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.