<< Prev page 1 .. 107 108 109 110 111 112 .. 372 Next page >>
I'm not sure if th.. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
Apologies CaptainV.. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
I must compliment .. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
ahendroff
2012-09-26 14:10:58
Errigal/Derryveagh advice needed - brianhoey
Hi Brian, I've descended Maumlack to the R251 once before. Like everywhere else in the Derryveagh it is soaky and boggy underfoot after a wet spell. However, I came down this way several years ago in winter when the ground was crunchy with snow. There was no discernible path though. I am sure it is passable up stay high on the spur off Maumlack heading NW. I wouldn't drop into Croloughan Lough as the ground may be wet near the lake. As you lose height be careful not to veer to much W as then the ground dips and rises before hitting the R251. Follow the natural lie of the land avoiding this dop and rise if you stay NE a bit (close to Spot Height 243m and Bunleanarudda Bridge. Also, note that the stream close to the road "may" be tricky to cross after rain or on wet days. Hope this helps. If you're looking for a recent guidebook of the area, email me on info@adrianhendroff.com or check out this YouTube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg6_2Ektfvw Best of luck & enjoy the Derryveaghs.
I am seeking some .. by brianhoey   (Show all posts)
I'm slightly embar.. by Hilltop-Harrier   (Show all posts)
Ah yes poor old us.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
A good call Captai.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Some of the themes.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
I enjoyed fingalsc.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest lovers of t
Aidy 5 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker 12 hours ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 2 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.