<< Prev page 1 .. 102 103 104 105 106 107 .. 366 Next page >>
I am seeking some .. by brianhoey   (Show all posts)
I'm slightly embar.. by Hilltop-Harrier   (Show all posts)
Ah yes poor old us.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
A good call Captai.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Some of the themes.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
2012-09-21 09:25:57
Did fingalscave mention 6 peaks?
I enjoyed fingalscave's piece on Gerry McVeigh's Muckish (by the miners' track) Video. fingalscave and I share the unusual habit of solving the absence of two cars on our longer solo circuits by bicycling from our cars parked at the end of the route to the start, and then hiding the bike behind a bush for later retrieval. (Please do not attempt this in Dublin or Wicklow!) fingalscave has hinted provocatively that there is a 6 summit route capable of completion in winter in those parts. He had " planned a circuit of six peaks around Slieve Snaght starting from the abandoned church in Dunlewy at the entrance to the Poisoned Glen." I wonder if he might have a moment to elaborate on the route. Are there Arderins involved? I can feel my pulse accelerating already!
I've also just see.. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
Hi all. As I've al.. by lennyantonelli   (Show all posts)
Nah, this isn't a .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Video of Muckish a.. by gerrym   (Show all posts)

Hart Walk
GSheehy 9 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 4 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...