<< Prev page 1 .. 108 109 110 111 112 113 .. 372 Next page >>
Hi all. As I've al.. by lennyantonelli   (Show all posts)
Nah, this isn't a .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Video of Muckish a.. by gerrym   (Show all posts)
Sounds very contin.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Are you interes.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2012-09-19 21:40:38
INFESTED WATERS - POISONED MOUNTAINS
Kevin for all your coyness – I am glad you are back into this, because like myself, you are a zealot – and for what it is worth, I have endless time for people who believe completely and wholeheartedly in something.
We shall not ever agree though. I am sure wearily you dive back in amongst the sharks – and so do I.
First you write that the technical ability doesn’t exist to “fix” the hills without leaving them in a mess (I paraphrase of course).
Then Kevin if we can’t do it, we should leave it alone. Do you get a man along to fix your roof – who can’t? You do not.
You also write “the biggest problem we face is providing a sustainable track that fits in with the surroundings and isn’t an absolute eyesore.”
Yes – but it is implicit in what you write that it can’t be done. In the circumstances why would anyone just fire on with such work when they know it will be an eyesore – and so why would you be surprised many of us hate it. and you and your mates get it in the neck? This is not rocket science.
Also why are the sleepers “dreaded”? They are not dreaded by me if the alternative is ripping the thing out and filling it in with hardcore.
You write that you are willing to learn but you wax facetious. You are not or we would not now be having this conversation.
A couple of weeks back I met an outbound type of leader taking a swarm of kids into Mournes. We talked about the construction work ongoing and he closed with “will they never learn?”
No they will not but if anyone bothered to ask marchfixer (from all the detractors whom you snipe at) or any of the regular users before the diggers came in they just might. I am not accusing you Kevin but the whole thing lacks ….. manners – Oh and endless commonsense.
Lastly – and I am sure you are pleased to read that ….. the Belfast Hills Partnership used the noggin and put down – yup EEK – plastic matting.
I love it because it lets us across an otherwise impenetrable bog to view fabulous panoamas of Belfast. To do this there simply was no option.
For anyone to tell me that there was no other option on Binnian, the Fofanny River or the Glen River track than the awful things that now stand there, well …..
"Improvements or r.. by kevin carroll   (Show all posts)
I find it rewardin.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Thanks for that li.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
http://www.fixthef.. by jop68   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 6 hours ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...