<< Prev page 1 .. 317 318 319 320 321 322 .. 372 Next page >>
Let me get this st.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
A bad case of the .. by maclimb   (Show all posts)
Quite, Davie. The .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
weedavie
2007-10-12 14:31:07
Sense and Dress Sense
It's a shame Cra's original comment on the MR has disappeared. I read it but, as the Junior Spy Decoder I got with my Cornflakes was on the blink, may not have translated it properly. It seemed to me he was making some valid points about the rescue in question and if the MR find that damaging, jays it's only a website.

Where I felt he was going totally wrong was in his outburst of rucksack fascism. I obviously now can't check back but it seemed to me that he was dissing some poor bystander for having only a 20-litre job which wouldn't hold enough warm gear to let them stand themself, let alone provide blankets and a mattress to the victim. Well this is outrageous. I started winter-walking with a 15-litre and my ice-axe just lodged in the shoulder straps for a samurai-style draw. Then I fell and drove it into a bank with my neck and walked like Quasimodo for a month but that doesn't make me wrong.

The contents of your rucksack should be between you and the Customs Officer. My mate Ronnie uses a 1970s 50-litre effort which has been the subject of extensive speculation but the only practical thing he's produced so far is a pair of rusty nail-scissors we used to release a sheep from wire in the Pins this summer. Myself, I've moved up to a 35 litre pack but I'm still puzzled why it appears to weigh the same with full winter gear as it does on a summer day and I'm not carrying asbestos blankets on the off-chance that I come across a burning girl guide.

No, let Cra stick to informed criticism of the Mountain Rescue (and his membership of Galloway MR does suggest rufty-tufty) and leave mountain fashion to us doyens of the Beinns.
Following my posti.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Congratulations to.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
Val Jones has poin.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)
P.D.Tempan in his .. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
I found the link i.. by alex92   (Show all posts)
...back in black!A.. by alex92   (Show all posts)

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy a day ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy a day ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.

Moylemore: Lots of renovated houses.
magicstep 2 weeks ago.
Owey is busy during summer weekends.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...