<< Prev page 1 .. 113 114 115 116 117 118 .. 373 Next page >>
scannerman, your c.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Tourism's a busine.. by scannerman   (Show all posts)
On our recent Blas.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2012-09-12 11:21:01
"" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
(Expand pics)
MOURNE MOUNTAIN VIEWS
The construction work in the Mournes always stimulates a debate – not much of one albeit, but enough to interest us – at least those of us who walk the Mournes.
My position remains clear and unashamedly against the work – any of it: when it was, what it does, the rationale and the ramifications. My view is that there are no redeeming features. None - and as it stands, indefensible. Note “as it stands”.
One of the comments I have received goes like this – “Just leave he Mournes alone” and I should concur.
That written, I do not expect everyone to agree – or in fact anyone – but as was once said “that is my story and I am stuck with it”. This makes neither me nor does it make anyone in love with the project…. an idiot … but does make for a difference of opinion.
It is implicit in Simon 3’s recent enthusiastic marking of my homework that diggers are not always bad. If the above follows and in the context, diggers are always bad.
Again, if the above follows, there is no laudable purpose.
He craves subtlety. In the context of his diggers tearing up our beautiful mountain paths....?
Nuff said..
It takes a real cu.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Conor is obviously.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)
Following the magn.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I realised earlier.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Anyone interested .. by scannerman   (Show all posts)
Is it just me or d.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Exploration of Wicklow Head from the north.
As you will immediately see from the track this was an exploration of what is possible thoroughly exploring various d... walk, Len: 6.6km, Climb: 126m, Area: Brides Hill, Wicklow Coastal Hill (Irelan

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.

Pic du Canigou
David-Guenot 4 days ago.
Ascending Catalogna's sacred mountain from the hamlet of Los Masos de Vallmanya, on well-marked trails, with two breaks walk, Len: 24.8km, Climb: 1853m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Geevraun Point: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
Located in an area of stunning coastlines this hill does not disappoint . A fantastic linear coastal walk exists from Beldberg Pier to Porturlin Pier well worth the effort but if yo wish to visit ...

Ramble on Ireland's Eye
wicklore 5 days ago.
A short walk on Ireland's Eye in September 2015. Original plan to visit earlier in the summer was thwarted by a huge f... walk, Len: 2.6km, Climb: 80m, Area: Ireland's Eye, Dublin Islands (Ireland) I

Horse Island: Mayo Island
sandman 17 hours ago.
View of Horse Island from Geevraun Point.

Pic de Cagire Loop
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A great loop walk in one of my favourite areas in the Pyrenees, which should have hardly taken more than 4h30 hadn't I m walk, Len: 11.8km, Climb: 892m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Raheen: Coastal Hill
sandman 17 hours ago.
The photo shows the Megalithic Tomb adjacent to the summit of this small hill which is an easy accent from the old turf cutting track located at G0018340427.

Benbeg to Cuilcagh
dmcdevitt 6 days ago.
GPS was not accurate during the walk. learn't a lesson not to use your phone app to track your walk but overall it is ac walk, Len: 8.7km, Climb: 447m, Area: Benbeg, Breifne (Ireland) Benbeg

Lackan Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 18 hours ago.
Arriving close to the location i came across two farmers moving cattle who i asked about Lackan Hill they looked bemused replying you will not find any hills in here so i quickly changed to standi...