<< Prev page 1 .. 117 118 119 120 121 122 .. 372 Next page >>
Conor, Kernowclim.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
...I'm afraid. Go.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
So far we haveMe   (Show all posts)
Another great Scav.. by muzag   (Show all posts)
'Scavvy' aka 'Scav.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
Thanks UCampbell –.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
ucampbell
2012-08-20 21:03:54
Scavenger 9 from a total beginner...
So it was 19kms (almost) and 1000+ up and more down. And almost 8hrs in the making (what took us all day? (Mary)). Well I'll try to tell you my part in the Scavvy.
Great walk in along a good track, no pause to take pics of the burnt forest (too busy trying to breathe). And of course get a few names of all these new scary/normal people I was to be with for the day/night. A gradual ascent, a few pauses to let group re-group. A chance to get a drink/banana/flapjack, after all breakfast was at 8 and it was now 12 (and no lattes). So we were going up Cove then, ah! but not that way, not on your nellie/or on anyone elses either. Up the coachroad we went. A few went round but those who went UP were very pleased they did, BUT I am going to have to get out my Oxford and see was I thrutching, swarming up and debouche/ing all for the very first time maybe. I do know I was shaking at the top. But a challenge is good for the "soul", and the wonky knee. So on up Lamagan and a break at last. We were doing well for time so I was told to take my time getting down as it is a "steep" one. Thanks for the company and the chat going down, getting to know a few more scavvies. The Binnians are a wonder, I certainly felt blessed to be on them with such a great crowd. I had been out the day before and up Bearnagh and Meelmore and now have a few more tops to tick off my list. First I'm off to google "what is a B steady pace-classification" a testing! walk. Define a great day out though and I can agree it is one organised by Doug and John and all the other "merrie" scavvies. I am now on board for future trips (unless I don't hear from you all again). Go raibh maith agaibh.
Many thanks to Dou.. by aidand   (Show all posts)
Walking up beside .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Scavenger Walk 9. .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy 13 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker 20 hours ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 2 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.