<< Prev page 1 .. 128 129 130 131 132 133 .. 372 Next page >>
wiki explain it pr.. by scannerman   (Show all posts)
Hi Jim. MountainVi.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Could someone expl.. by jimgraham   (Show all posts)
Mourne Mountains m.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Whoops, this was t.. by lennyantonelli   (Show all posts)
Ah c'mon CV, Paul .. by lennyantonelli   (Show all posts)
A grateful reader .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-05-17 00:28:35
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vqee0NxTk" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vqee0NxTk (Expand pics)
Paul Henry Sell Off
Regular readers will be familiar with my denunciations of the entire mountain oeuvre of Paul Henry deceased, late of Achill Island. Predictably enough nervous collectors have been shedding their Henrys ever since my comments were widely reported. Not for the first time have I caused a "run" in the market. But there you are: I use my powers sparingly and with terrible effect.
PHenry was a Belfast born artist, the son of an evangelical clergyperson. He apparently suffered a "strict upbringing" leaving him fit for painting and nothing else . He trained in London and Paris and learned how to use "tone over colour". I'm not sure what that means except that his work appears washed out and flat. Let's be honest. He deliberately exaggerated the height of the sky so as to make mountains apppear comparatively small. He was a mountain hater: be in no doubt about that.
In my youth I was blessed with fiery red hair and front teeth that were slightly too large for my then unformed mouth. My cunning parents introduced me to the John Hinde organisation where I became something of a star (in the company of a certain ginger girl who subsequently became editor of "The Sun"). Together Rebekah and I walked the valleys of our western seaboard with our asses faithfully in tow. How John Hinde irradiated the postcards of the 40s, 50s and 60s. What vibrancy! An unashamedly deep blue sky. Throbbingly purple mountains. And our hair. Profoundly, extravagantly, carotine red. John Hinde:now there was an artist!
This walk is "dema.. by Pazapas   (Show all posts)
Lads,
Just .. by ciarraioch   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy 22 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh

Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.