<< Prev page 1 .. 130 131 132 133 134 135 .. 373 Next page >>
Whoops, this was t.. by lennyantonelli   (Show all posts)
Ah c'mon CV, Paul .. by lennyantonelli   (Show all posts)
A grateful reader .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-05-17 00:28:35
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vqee0NxTk" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vqee0NxTk (Expand pics)
Paul Henry Sell Off
Regular readers will be familiar with my denunciations of the entire mountain oeuvre of Paul Henry deceased, late of Achill Island. Predictably enough nervous collectors have been shedding their Henrys ever since my comments were widely reported. Not for the first time have I caused a "run" in the market. But there you are: I use my powers sparingly and with terrible effect.
PHenry was a Belfast born artist, the son of an evangelical clergyperson. He apparently suffered a "strict upbringing" leaving him fit for painting and nothing else . He trained in London and Paris and learned how to use "tone over colour". I'm not sure what that means except that his work appears washed out and flat. Let's be honest. He deliberately exaggerated the height of the sky so as to make mountains apppear comparatively small. He was a mountain hater: be in no doubt about that.
In my youth I was blessed with fiery red hair and front teeth that were slightly too large for my then unformed mouth. My cunning parents introduced me to the John Hinde organisation where I became something of a star (in the company of a certain ginger girl who subsequently became editor of "The Sun"). Together Rebekah and I walked the valleys of our western seaboard with our asses faithfully in tow. How John Hinde irradiated the postcards of the 40s, 50s and 60s. What vibrancy! An unashamedly deep blue sky. Throbbingly purple mountains. And our hair. Profoundly, extravagantly, carotine red. John Hinde:now there was an artist!
This walk is "dema.. by Pazapas   (Show all posts)
Lads,
Just .. by ciarraioch   (Show all posts)
...not sure, but i.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Hi just want to kn.. by petercrowley   (Show all posts)
Paul, have you tr.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
I'm preparing a le.. by pdtempan   (Show all posts)

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 hours ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 hours ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 hours ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Geevraun Point: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
Located in an area of stunning coastlines this hill does not disappoint . A fantastic linear coastal walk exists from Beldberg Pier to Porturlin Pier well worth the effort but if you wish to visit...

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Exploration of Wicklow Head from the north.
As you will immediately see from the track this was an exploration of what is possible thoroughly exploring various d... walk, Len: 6.6km, Climb: 126m, Area: Brides Hill, Wicklow Coastal Hill (Irelan

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.

Pic du Canigou
David-Guenot 4 days ago.
Ascending Catalogna's sacred mountain from the hamlet of Los Masos de Vallmanya, on well-marked trails, with two breaks walk, Len: 24.8km, Climb: 1853m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Ramble on Ireland's Eye
wicklore 5 days ago.
A short walk on Ireland's Eye in September 2015. Original plan to visit earlier in the summer was thwarted by a huge f... walk, Len: 2.6km, Climb: 80m, Area: Ireland's Eye, Dublin Islands (Ireland) I

Horse Island: Mayo Island
sandman 23 hours ago.
View of Horse Island from Geevraun Point.

Pic de Cagire Loop
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A great loop walk in one of my favourite areas in the Pyrenees, which should have hardly taken more than 4h30 hadn't I m walk, Len: 11.8km, Climb: 892m, Area: France, Occitanie ()