<< Prev page 1 .. 139 140 141 142 143 144 .. 372 Next page >>
The Irish Times re.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Wicklore thanks fo.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Just wondering, ha.. by hbowman1   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-03-05 18:17:56
"Bengower from Benbreen" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Bengower from Benbreen (Expand pics)
The Owenglin Horseshoe
I am wondering if any of you have walked the full Owenglin Horseshoe? I did bits of it as a young lad but which bits I cannot say, as these outings took place at a time when I walked for the sheer hell of it rather than to complete a “List”. The only way for me to approach the Arderins with honour is to complete all “doubtfuls” no matter what duplication or triplication may be involved; thence the Owenglin Circuit. I am currently working my way through the literature and I see many warnings about the need for caution on the descent from Bengower to Benbreen. Ideally I would like to download a TRACK to my GPS (I am currently an upanddownloading virgin) covering the dodgy section. My research led me to fingalcave’s TRACK 1283 described as “Glencoaghan (Almost) Horseshoe”. I have had the pleasure of meeting fingalscave in person atop the Sheefrys and am most impressed by his rapid rise through our Lists. The problem is that he went from Benbreen to Bengower rather than the other way around and he did so in snowy conditions where, presumably, he did not see the actual faded track underfoot. Therefore, I am hoping that some kind soul might upload an anti-clockwise Owenglin Track. Or course my intention is to complete this route in the summer in perfect conditions, but I like to prepare for all eventualities. I await hearing from you.
Something we often.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Thanks Wicklore, <.. by Mulciber   (Show all posts)
Hi Conor74. Welcom.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Mulciber. That .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
...'s hand and tal.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
I uploaded a walk .. by Mulciber   (Show all posts)

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy 2 hours ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 5 hours ago.

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 5 days ago.

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 5 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 5 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 5 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 5 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I