<< Prev page 1 .. 141 142 143 144 145 146 .. 373 Next page >>
CaptainVertigo
2012-03-05 18:17:56
"Bengower from Benbreen" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Bengower from Benbreen (Expand pics)
The Owenglin Horseshoe
I am wondering if any of you have walked the full Owenglin Horseshoe? I did bits of it as a young lad but which bits I cannot say, as these outings took place at a time when I walked for the sheer hell of it rather than to complete a “List”. The only way for me to approach the Arderins with honour is to complete all “doubtfuls” no matter what duplication or triplication may be involved; thence the Owenglin Circuit. I am currently working my way through the literature and I see many warnings about the need for caution on the descent from Bengower to Benbreen. Ideally I would like to download a TRACK to my GPS (I am currently an upanddownloading virgin) covering the dodgy section. My research led me to fingalcave’s TRACK 1283 described as “Glencoaghan (Almost) Horseshoe”. I have had the pleasure of meeting fingalscave in person atop the Sheefrys and am most impressed by his rapid rise through our Lists. The problem is that he went from Benbreen to Bengower rather than the other way around and he did so in snowy conditions where, presumably, he did not see the actual faded track underfoot. Therefore, I am hoping that some kind soul might upload an anti-clockwise Owenglin Track. Or course my intention is to complete this route in the summer in perfect conditions, but I like to prepare for all eventualities. I await hearing from you.
Something we often.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Thanks Wicklore, <.. by Mulciber   (Show all posts)
Hi Conor74. Welcom.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Mulciber. That .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
...'s hand and tal.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
I uploaded a walk .. by Mulciber   (Show all posts)
The Mourne Heritag.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I would recommend .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
This is a great so.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 11 hours ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman 2 days ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka 2 days ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka 2 days ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 2 days ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 2 days ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...