<< Prev page 1 .. 141 142 143 144 145 146 .. 372 Next page >>
Success in trainin.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2012-02-24 23:13:46
DEFEND THEM OR MOURNE THEM. YOU CHOOSE.
Vertigo – if you wish to be enlisted, that is the same as being enlisted. I should point out that I have been banging on about this (in some mountain views) endlessly, with next to no support – well at least no real committed support. That is not a criticism of anyone – just a reality check for myself.
I have now written for the 4th time to The National Trust to try to get some feedback from them. I have none.
You and I turning up at Downing street is a waste of a train ticket – and let’s face it, outside of our own milieu there are more pressing matters.
That written, it may be we can generate enough support or enough of the erudite kind in time or better still, the perpetrators of the offence eff up somewhere along the line and stick their heads in the noose.
Right now I am currently (excuse the tautology ….) wondering who actually owns these structures in the Mournes: if they are ours, can we remove them? Just for thought at the moment.
Essentially there has to be support against the construction of stuff in the Mournes to proceed – if there is not, things will just press on.
I think if there were half a dozen big players with various fingers on various pulses there would be a chance of progress. Thanks to you for wanting come on board – anyone else on this site of the same opinions can contact me on: douglasreid@utvinternet.com
Here's a GeoLives .. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Bleck. I appreciat.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
This site is far t.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Well yes Vertigo, .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I think that Bleck.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Peter, indeed it d.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Davie I agree with.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
...but did it also.. by Peter Walker   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest lovers of t
Aidy 3 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker 10 hours ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 2 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.