<< Prev page 1 .. 139 140 141 142 143 144 .. 369 Next page >>
jop68, if you clic.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
love the new track.. by jop68   (Show all posts)
.... by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Just to confirm Bl.. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)
... by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
... by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Well Vertigo: all .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-02-18 09:16:35
"The Lansdowne Hotel" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
The Lansdowne Hotel (Expand pics)
WAI MV Annual Event
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours and laugh at them in our turn?" Oh Jane forgive me! I never wholly acknowledged the universality of that truth. Mine has been a life of shallow delight in the fragility of the human psyche manifest in family, friends and fellow man.The notion that I might, in my turn, unravel, had certainly occurred to me, but I believed that any such denouement of the soul would echo my finer characteristerics: endurance, fortitude, dignity and grace. I had pictured myself in the considerable bosom of my family perhaps sharing a meal, and the youngest child would whisper to his mother "Why is Daddy dribbling?". No scene. No drama. I would simply be brought to the garden shed and left there until whatever wave coursing through my neurons had crashed on the shore of my iron will. Oh that it might have been so! Instead, Nature exacted revenge for my smugness at a time and a place of her own choosing. Last night I was due to address a convention of the nation's leading mountain folk on the subject of Upland Cinematography. A heavy cold had resulted in the consumption of an array of "over the counter drugs", with some alcohol added to lubricate my burning throat. I grabbed the microphone like a man possessed and began a Quixotic rant against windmills and telecommunications towers, spoke of "solitary activity" on the hills, and "religious experiences". I had barely gotten going when the kindly man from WAI began to tinkle the "time up" bell, and walking sticks were extended onto the stage and I was gently but firmly pulled off. Had there been an orchestra present one might have heard a titantic rendition of "Nearer my God to Thee" as my ship sank. Instead, the lights dimmed and the mcrtchly Maamturks motion picture began to roll. A soothing balm for all.
And so it falls to.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
It’s just two days.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 11 hours ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 14.9km, Climb: 763m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper H

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 a day ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 7.5km, Climb: 233m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper Hi

MountainViews Gathering 2017
simon3 a day ago.
The event on Feb 17, 2017 had Peter Walker as MC with two main speakers.Gareth McCormack spoke about the vision and technicalities of modern landscape photography.Paul Clements discussed the Wild ...

Tick/Lyme Disease Awareness
Geo 2 days ago.
Don't be a tick - Check out this article and be mindful of yourselves out there http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/lyme-disease-a-tiny-tick-can-pack-a-huge-punch-1.2964241I hav...

Meenavally: A pleasant walk to theTower
BigFly 2 days ago.
Lovely pleasant walk

Two Rock Mountain: Red Grouse near the summit.
BarnaneGoat a week ago.
I climbed here a few days ago from the east along the Dublin Mountains Way. The summit was shrouded in mist and we went astray at one point. I later discovered this was the result of a way marker ...

Sgurr a'Choire Riabhaich: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small
melohara 2 weeks ago.
If the Allt a' Choire Charnaig is in spate there is a small footbridge, wires and planks, a little upstream

Sgurr Thuilm: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small footbridge u
melohara 2 weeks ago.

Ballysitteragh Stroll
Bunsen7 2 days ago.
A short stroll from the Conor Pass carpark. My plans for greater things fell victim to the inclement weather.Simply st... walk, Len: 7.0km, Climb: 340m, Area: An Bhinn Dubh, Brandon Group (Ireland) A

Sgurr nan Coireachan: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small foot
melohara 2 weeks ago.

The Big Gun: A Big View
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
A view of the Big Gun, Cnoc na Péiste and the southern ridge of the Reeks taken after a light fall of snow in late January 2017

Tievebaun: Crash of 42-31420 in 1943
dp_burke 2 weeks ago.
Just a quick link to the story of 42-31420's crash on Tievebaun as I found it.http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/42-31420.htmIf you do go up top the small bit of wreckage that is left, please don't r...