<< Prev page 1 .. 142 143 144 145 146 147 .. 372 Next page >>
Cra, you’re tiltin.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
cheers that will d.. by jop68   (Show all posts)
jop68, if you clic.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
love the new track.. by jop68   (Show all posts)
.... by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Just to confirm Bl.. by march-fixer   (Show all posts)
... by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
... by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Well Vertigo: all .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-02-18 09:16:35
"The Lansdowne Hotel" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
The Lansdowne Hotel (Expand pics)
WAI MV Annual Event
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours and laugh at them in our turn?" Oh Jane forgive me! I never wholly acknowledged the universality of that truth. Mine has been a life of shallow delight in the fragility of the human psyche manifest in family, friends and fellow man.The notion that I might, in my turn, unravel, had certainly occurred to me, but I believed that any such denouement of the soul would echo my finer characteristerics: endurance, fortitude, dignity and grace. I had pictured myself in the considerable bosom of my family perhaps sharing a meal, and the youngest child would whisper to his mother "Why is Daddy dribbling?". No scene. No drama. I would simply be brought to the garden shed and left there until whatever wave coursing through my neurons had crashed on the shore of my iron will. Oh that it might have been so! Instead, Nature exacted revenge for my smugness at a time and a place of her own choosing. Last night I was due to address a convention of the nation's leading mountain folk on the subject of Upland Cinematography. A heavy cold had resulted in the consumption of an array of "over the counter drugs", with some alcohol added to lubricate my burning throat. I grabbed the microphone like a man possessed and began a Quixotic rant against windmills and telecommunications towers, spoke of "solitary activity" on the hills, and "religious experiences". I had barely gotten going when the kindly man from WAI began to tinkle the "time up" bell, and walking sticks were extended onto the stage and I was gently but firmly pulled off. Had there been an orchestra present one might have heard a titantic rendition of "Nearer my God to Thee" as my ship sank. Instead, the lights dimmed and the mcrtchly Maamturks motion picture began to roll. A soothing balm for all.

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy 11 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker 19 hours ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 2 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.