<< Prev page 1 .. 147 148 149 150 151 152 .. 373 Next page >>
I'd like to add my.. by aidand   (Show all posts)
David – you and I .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Reference David Ki.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Regarding the deba.. by David Kirk   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2012-02-02 18:02:23
"Do we want it? No. Do we need it? No. Do we like it? No. Did it cost us money? Yes." from Bleck Cra Expand pics
Do we want it? No. Do we need it? No. Do we like it? No. Did it cost us money? Yes. (Expand pics)
MAKE DO AND MEND IN THE MOURNES
Kevin I read your piece. Thank you for your words about my contributions.

Your more important point, you make well and quietly. You are right: I do believe that doing nothing is a perfectly good option.
Do I agree with you that there is erosion and that it has to be corrected? Not comfortable with the “erosion” thing. Is it not an epithet better applied to lino or your driveway or the end of the PreCambrian era?
We have paths and tracks make by people. Once there weren’t any and now there are – is that erosion? A moniker too rich for my palate.

The clean, emptiness of the mountains is their lure; a place beyond our ordinary experience – somewhere inhabiting our minds where things are slower, cleaner, unfussy and better.
The mountains are not something you can buy from the As-Good-As-New Shop in Killarney. Do they need fixed? Don’t know but I do know that glue is not the way to do it.

I am accused of sniping. If I had an army of support I should be pleased to come out of the tree and face your own army. In the meantime if I clean the odd one of you with a well-aimed shot, I am pleased. – and most of you are fairly slow moving anyway.

The motivation and effort from volunteers is worthy but it is ultimately pointless if the purpose is not – and that is where I am most uncomfortable.
If you spoil my view or my concept of the hills, I suppose “so what?”, but in a climate of austerity and some misery, to expend so much time, effort and money on what in truth is an indulgence, is not acceptable to me and I should be surprised if it is to you.
Hi Wicklore, Thank.. by highwalker   (Show all posts)
Hi Fingalscave. Ho.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Highwalker. As .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Wicklore, I heard .. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
I intend to climb .. by highwalker   (Show all posts)

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman a day ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka a day ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka a day ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka a day ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.