<< Prev page 1 .. 148 149 150 151 152 153 .. 372 Next page >>
Staying there this.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
The ever popular a.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
The Glen of Imaal .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
On Friday February.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Hilltop-Harrier.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
As you say kissane.. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
The book you're lo.. by fingalscave   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2012-01-20 12:24:16
"" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
(Expand pics)
No Pain No Gain
I am reliably informed that the Oxford University Press has published a treatise in which the author argues that the existence of pain means that it would be ethically preferable to discontinue future life on earth. Apparently the gist of the thesis is that the yet to be born (and now never to be born) will comprise two groups. One group will be made up of those who will experience more pleasure than pain in their lives...The other will be made up of the unfortunate for whom the contrary is true. The former , if unborn, will never know what they are missing and so no harm is done. The latter, if unborn, will avoid a painful life. Excuse me. What about mascochists like myself for whom part of the mountaintop experience is the pain suffered getting there? I am well aware that I could go to Wales to take the train to Snowdonia's summit but I suspect that "summit easy" as they say in Corrie is "summit hollow". Forgive me for quoting the Clintons again but surely when you reach the summit you have to say: "I honour what we've been through" ? I'm pretty sure that Plato (presumably being jibed by Socrates) had a theory of opposites to the effect that nothing can exist unless it has an opposite. Will someone please direct me to this book so that I can rebut it. I will return to this topic soon.
I've used various .. by jackill   (Show all posts)
I reckon it depend.. by aidand   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest coast lover
Aidy a day ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker a day ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 3 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet a week ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub