<< Prev page 1 .. 148 149 150 151 152 153 .. 366 Next page >>
Ah yes, was waitin.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Henry Ford said "Q.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Hi Conor. Great to.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
As a ne.. by grodgers   (Show all posts)
2011-12-02 17:03:35
The proper way to complete a range?
...this weekend should see me finish off the Dunkerrons, weather permitting. It's a long range, and taking in a few of the significant outriders were a day in themselves, such as the branch up to Broaghnabinnia from Stumpa Duloigh, or the area to the "back" and north of the Cloon Lake, or the walk out to take in An Bheann Mhor and Beann na Stiocairi. Oh and of course a day trip out to Scariff Island.

Anyway, because the range starts near me I felt I wanted to know it intimately, so not only will I have covered all the peaks, but I'll have walked all the cols and valleys between the peaks too. And from one end to another. As in, I started at the east end, and whenever I left the range I had to return to the same spot, or even slightly further east to make sure I crossed the path again. So it wasn't just a case of saying I did every peak in the range, but that I actually walked the whole thing, peak and valley, jagged cliff and flat bog.

Is this normal MV behaviour or is this way too fussy altogether?
See the attached f.. by aidand   (Show all posts)
The following was .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
A man in his 60s h.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Never underestimat.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
"Take me out of th.. by jackill   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 20 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 21 hours ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 22 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 4 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 2 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 3 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...