<< Prev page 1 .. 316 317 318 319 320 321 .. 366 Next page >>
Thanks Jackill. Ch.. by Ouakha   (Show all posts)
On a recent walk a.. by paulfogarty   (Show all posts)
try www.irishrail... by jackill   (Show all posts)
Hi. I am travellin.. by Ouakha   (Show all posts)
I hope you enjoy y.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
I have been away f.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Tomorrow I'll be a.. by Alex92   (Show all posts)
To Beckett : you c.. by pazapas   (Show all posts)
Pazapas, I would b.. by beckett   (Show all posts)
2007-06-30 23:11:43
"GPS Ireland map" from Pazapas Expand pics
GPS Ireland map (Expand pics)
GPS Ireland map updated
Hello walkers,

The Garmin GPS topo Ireland map is updated (v1.62). It includes the new list of summits higher than 400m and new "smoother" contours (higher point in original data is only 1012m, not 1039, oversampling method erodes summits: 1000m line disappeared).

The new map is available at http://emeraldisland.free.fr/wikka/wikka.php?wakka=GpsMap

I have to explain few things about this map and its purpose. The map is made with elevation data with an average precision (around 90m in northing and 60m in easting for Ireland). I oversampled the grid in order to produce smoother lines. Because of the inaccuracy of source data and the need to obtain a single small file, I generate contour lines with a step of 25m only. Moreover, I think small grey LCD on ruggerised GPS are not well suited to display too much data. Finally, I support the idea that GPS should be used as a secondary mean for orientation. The map I produced is enough detailed to find your position in another manner than just the coordinates referred on a paper map.

Thanks to all who sent me their feedback.

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe less than an hour ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe an hour ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 2 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 23 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 23 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.