<< Prev page 1 .. 175 176 177 178 179 180 .. 369 Next page >>
RTE did a short ra.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
hi, does anyone ha.. by majorshort   (Show all posts)
At Captain V's ins.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Postive news: http.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2011-06-13 23:59:18
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BO9bIVcVn8" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BO9bIVcVn8 (Expand pics)
Healthy Outdoor Activity
I don't smoke. I never did. Well except maybe once or twice when I've had a feed of pints, and that mostly involved sticking them in my ears nose and so forth. It was always clear to me that one could no more justify permitting people to blow smoke on their peers than urinating on them. But what consenting adults did in private was entirely another matter. They could inhale Wavin Pipes full of tobacco for all I cared. But drink. Now that's a different kettle of fish. Drink, a priori, can be consumed without necessarily causing discomfort to thy neighbour or his wife. Drink, in moderation, need have no deleterious effects on one's companions at all. The fact some overdo it can hardly justify prohibiting the rest of us from imbibing. But I live in fear of a growing consensus that contends that alcohol as a social fact is poisoning the body politic. People are faintly aggrieved that they do not live forever, and there is mounting evidence that our lives are shortened by any consumption beyond the merest sip. May I say now to you my friends on the hills that if I am taken from you prematurely and if alcohol is a suspect at the inquest you are to rejoice in my passing, and be glad that after long days on the hills I have enjoyed that special moment when the life shortening elixir of darkness spills throatwards. I raise a special glass to Martin Scorcese McCritchly and leading lady Sharron for their recreation of this sublime moment as night fell on the Turks and the angels sang.
Jackill, thanks fo.. by paulocon   (Show all posts)
The lack of legisl.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
We slept fitfully .. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Connemara, Wilde’s.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Hi There,
T.. by Jack Bauer   (Show all posts)

Tick/Lyme Disease Awareness
Geo less than an hour ago.
Don't be a tick - Check out this article and be mindful of yourselves out there http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/lyme-disease-a-tiny-tick-can-pack-a-huge-punch-1.2964241I hav...

Tick/Lyme Disease Awareness
Geo less than an hour ago.
See http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/lyme-disease-a-tiny-tick-can-pack-a-huge-punch-1.2964241

Ballysitteragh Stroll
Bunsen7 11 hours ago.
A short stroll from the Conor Pass carpark. My plans for greater things fell victim to the inclement weather.Simply st... walk, Len: 7.0km, Climb: 340m, Area: An Bhinn Dubh, Brandon Group (Ireland) A

Meenavally: A pleasant walk to theTower
BigFly 19 hours ago.
Lovely pleasant walk

Walker's €40k claim against NPWS overturned i
brenno 3 days ago.
Great news from High Court as that €40k ruling in favour of that walker who tripped on the Wicklow Way boardwalk near the JB Malone memorial overturned in High Court. We can all toast Judge White ...

Sgurr Thuilm: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small footbridge u
melohara a week ago.
If the Allt a' Choire Charnaig is in spate there is a small footbridge, wires and planks, a little upstream

Sgurr nan Coireachan: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small foot
melohara a week ago.

The Big Gun: A Big View
mcrtchly a week ago.
A view of the Big Gun, Cnoc na Péiste and the southern ridge of the Reeks taken after a light fall of snow in late January 2017

Sgurr a'Choire Riabhaich: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small
melohara a week ago.

Near Church Mountain, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)
Bunsen7 6 days ago.
Took this track to bag Church Mountian and then Corriebracks on a cold wet winter afternoon. Visibility was poor high... walk, Len: 11.0km, Climb: 603m, Area: Church Mountain, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland

Tievebaun: Crash of 42-31420 in 1943
dp_burke 2 weeks ago.
Just a quick link to the story of 42-31420's crash on Tievebaun as I found it.http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/42-31420.htmIf you do go up top the small bit of wreckage that is left, please don't r...

Sugar Loaf Circular
tommyclarke 5 days ago.
walk, Len: 5.4km, Climb: 404m, Area: Great Sugar Loaf, Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland)...