<< Prev page 1 .. 187 188 189 190 191 192 .. 373 Next page >>
...both on Faha Ri.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
All MViewers will .. by aidand   (Show all posts)
I beg to differ up.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2011-04-15 00:46:55
Tough as old boots
Just a brief note on Critch’s Mantas. If the stories with which he regales us are anything to go by, he and Mantas may be ideally suited. For myself and most at my kind of hillwalking – Munros, challenge type of thing, Mantas would defo not be it. They are classic 4 season rigid shank boots, beautifully made but as with all true 4 season boots, made by none other than the Devil. There is absolutely no mercy except for feet like Critch’s. Sadly they are also now I think a tad passé. Their brothers, maybe also passé and perhaps extinct, were and are in the mind of every serious Munroist in the world, the only show in town: the Scarpa Attack. Now as far as I know you will not get crampons to stick to them (maybe some real bendy ones), But let’s just take a step back. If the Critch is writing about Austria or one of his many exotic destinations, Mantas are good if also awful. If we are talking Ireland, 3 season boots of the best are what you are looking for. I have a friend with a set of Attacks and they are just the most beautiful piece of kit ever. If you can get, get. If not, the new 3 season Brashers are v hard to beat. I write that as an anti-Brasher man all my life. The new stuff is wonderful. In Ireland, go for no crampons – probably if not exclusively, all the time. I don’t believe in kit on the hill. Too much kit means fuss: fuss means danger and danger means dead – and if I had to get off in a hurry with Scarpa Mantas I think I should rather kill myself. Well – to save the time.
I have a pair of c.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
...problem is I ha.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Conor74 - I have a.. by Moac   (Show all posts)
...the ones I am g.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
If you are just wa.. by Moac   (Show all posts)
Conor74, what type.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)

Forum: Suggestions
Addition of "All Irish features" list etc
simon3 an hour ago.
A new list and total has been added which shows All Irish features visited. So if you mark as visited any summit, coastal summit, coastal feature, island feature then this total will go up. You ca...

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman a day ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka a day ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka a day ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 2 days ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka a day ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka a day ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...