<< Prev page 1 .. 183 184 185 186 187 188 .. 366 Next page >>
Simon3, you're suc.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
kercritch - someon.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hedonistic weather.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
Mountainviewers, p.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Mcrtchly and I hav.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
The inaugural Mils.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Without question o.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
MsMurty is faster .. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2011-03-31 00:14:26
"" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
(Expand pics)
Just a note – that I have been offering technique training for challenge and competitive hillwalking free to members of this site. Not many have taken it up but those who have, have all benefitted, some wonderfully – and two, I estimate, have taken the basic techniques and are now applying them with their own take on it, from all reports, with monumental success. Two of my favourite people in any case, so a Win/Win.
The thing is based on competitive hillwalking techniques but is in no way extreme. Students so far have in the main been midlevel B walkers.
If you might be interested and want to know more, get me through the messaging service on this site.
Now a bit of help please. Mountainviewer, the mercurial mist-sprite msmurty, pressed me into providing some training of late.
She runs on high octane fuel – marathons, self-defence and stuff – so I felt a bit inadequate laying down the law about challenge hillwalking. I gave in and now she is making noises that the thing works but kinda doesn’t believe it.
After a few hours training she edged me on Commedagh in the Mournes at under 12 mins from Brandy Pad track to the summit. In my book, that is pretty impressive. Any fast movers on this site please could you just echo that sentiment.
She is heading for her first Ireland Challenge Walk – the Mournes 7X7s in August – and I think could use the support.
Friday April 1st -.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Hart Walk
GSheehy 5 hours ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 4 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 4 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...