<< Prev page 1 .. 189 190 191 192 193 194 .. 372 Next page >>
MsMurty is faster .. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Just a note – that.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Friday April 1st -.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
FRIDAY : Good dry,.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
The long running c.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Dates this week:   (Show all posts)
Phil the Film. One.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Try http://groups... by Moac   (Show all posts)
FilmPhil
2011-03-25 23:00:25
Film Locations
HI, my name is Phil and I'm here to pick the brains of ye mountain folk. I’m a film student and in two weeks time I shall be making a film set in a forest, the problem is I need three rather specific locations; I have found one deep in Djouce woods but am still in need of the other two. Basically what I'm looking for is 1) a forest clearing filled with wild flowers, the more vivid the better. I know it’s still a bit early in the year for that but the film doesn’t roll until the 11th of April so I'm hoping the extra couple of weeks will make the difference. 2) A dirt road through the forest, this one sounds easy but I have a rather specific type in mind. The road should be flat black earth with an unkempt grass verge lined with densely packed coniferous trees (tall). The road should be wide enough to take a truck and still have plenty of room on either side for people to stand. I have found loads of dirt roads that would be fine for a car or a small tractor but not something as big as a lorry.

Ideally for the sake of time and cost it would be great to find these locations in Wicklow but I will take all and any suggestions (our base is in Dun Laoghaire).

If you can help I would be very very grateful.You can leave me a message here or at mister.pip@hotmail.co.uk

Phil
In response to que.. by jop68   (Show all posts)

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy less than an hour ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 3 hours ago.

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 a day ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 5 days ago.

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 5 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 5 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 5 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 5 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 4 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 5 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I