<< Prev page 1 .. 195 196 197 198 199 200 .. 372 Next page >>
This event was hel.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2011-02-28 20:41:49
STRAIGHT WHEN IT SHOULD BE WINDING
Maclimber – you have not set the record straight. You have referred us to more reading on the subject on the basis that if it is in print and that there is lots of it, it constitutes some kind of argument. It does not. If you want to address the points I bring up in my last piece, please do. The ones about unwanted, unnecessary, costly and without reference to one walker on this site. As for criticising the people involved – very far from it. On Sunday I spoke with one of your people on the hill – a charming and enthusiastic young bloke – and believer in the thing he was doing. I deny neither him, his colleagues the opportunity to do what they believe is good, nor in fact the contractor winning the business in a very tough time for his trade. What I do criticise and is quite clear in my piece, is the principle of the thing and the mechanic that got us here. Because you are zealous about the thing makes it right for you but you are wrong to assume that is enough to make it right for anyone else. Anyone else who has not been consulted – which happens to be about everyone I know. If you are prepared to argue these points I am happy to debate with you. If you are going to take umbrage, I shan’t. My position and perhaps others remains the same. I don’t like the thing, I don’t need the thing and it is waste of money. Had I and hundreds of others been consulted perhaps I would have a different view.
Recently I put tog.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
To all general rea.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
A case of a pictur.. by barryd   (Show all posts)
Simon - I agree wi.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Thinking of a stro.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
PUBLIC NOTE! From .. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Member Johnjoes.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
If in town, you're.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 9 hours ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...