<< Prev page 1 .. 196 197 198 199 200 201 .. 373 Next page >>
As a learner walke.. by emp123   (Show all posts)
Have these poles a.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
Quality high-tech .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
A number of photos.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Blog from the bog... by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Maclimber makes li.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
You are correct as.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
This event was hel.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2011-02-28 20:41:49
STRAIGHT WHEN IT SHOULD BE WINDING
Maclimber – you have not set the record straight. You have referred us to more reading on the subject on the basis that if it is in print and that there is lots of it, it constitutes some kind of argument. It does not. If you want to address the points I bring up in my last piece, please do. The ones about unwanted, unnecessary, costly and without reference to one walker on this site. As for criticising the people involved – very far from it. On Sunday I spoke with one of your people on the hill – a charming and enthusiastic young bloke – and believer in the thing he was doing. I deny neither him, his colleagues the opportunity to do what they believe is good, nor in fact the contractor winning the business in a very tough time for his trade. What I do criticise and is quite clear in my piece, is the principle of the thing and the mechanic that got us here. Because you are zealous about the thing makes it right for you but you are wrong to assume that is enough to make it right for anyone else. Anyone else who has not been consulted – which happens to be about everyone I know. If you are prepared to argue these points I am happy to debate with you. If you are going to take umbrage, I shan’t. My position and perhaps others remains the same. I don’t like the thing, I don’t need the thing and it is waste of money. Had I and hundreds of others been consulted perhaps I would have a different view.
Recently I put tog.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 13 hours ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Exploration of Wicklow Head from the north.
As you will immediately see from the track this was an exploration of what is possible thoroughly exploring various d... walk, Len: 6.6km, Climb: 126m, Area: Brides Hill, Wicklow Coastal Hill (Irelan

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.

Pic du Canigou
David-Guenot 4 days ago.
Ascending Catalogna's sacred mountain from the hamlet of Los Masos de Vallmanya, on well-marked trails, with two breaks walk, Len: 24.8km, Climb: 1853m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Geevraun Point: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
Located in an area of stunning coastlines this hill does not disappoint . A fantastic linear coastal walk exists from Beldberg Pier to Porturlin Pier well worth the effort but if yo wish to visit ...

Ramble on Ireland's Eye
wicklore 5 days ago.
A short walk on Ireland's Eye in September 2015. Original plan to visit earlier in the summer was thwarted by a huge f... walk, Len: 2.6km, Climb: 80m, Area: Ireland's Eye, Dublin Islands (Ireland) I

Horse Island: Mayo Island
sandman 14 hours ago.
View of Horse Island from Geevraun Point.

Pic de Cagire Loop
David-Guenot 6 days ago.
A great loop walk in one of my favourite areas in the Pyrenees, which should have hardly taken more than 4h30 hadn't I m walk, Len: 11.8km, Climb: 892m, Area: France, Occitanie ()

Raheen: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
The photo shows the Megalithic Tomb adjacent to the summit of this small hill which is an easy accent from the old turf cutting track located at G0018340427.

Benbeg to Cuilcagh
dmcdevitt 6 days ago.
GPS was not accurate during the walk. learn't a lesson not to use your phone app to track your walk but overall it is ac walk, Len: 8.7km, Climb: 447m, Area: Benbeg, Breifne (Ireland) Benbeg

Lackan Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 14 hours ago.
Arriving close to the location i came across two farmers moving cattle who i asked about Lackan Hill they looked bemused replying you will not find any hills in here so i quickly changed to standi...