<< Prev page 1 .. 199 200 201 202 203 204 .. 369 Next page >>
Northern Ireland i.. by carmstrong   (Show all posts)
MountainViews has .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Thanks for your re.. by Carlito   (Show all posts)
Carlito - I think .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Hi people :)Was up.. by Carlito   (Show all posts)
Lug Rescue(01/01/1.. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
Just on what earli.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
hibby - yes I woul.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Wicklore – ye’r a .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2011-01-03 00:04:14
"" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
(Expand pics)
SEE THE LIGHT
Nowt as strange as folk. He stood on the top of the stile at Crannoge, top of the Bloody Bridge track. From Chimneyrock, I kept him in my sights. Unshiftable from his post, despite endless fat Christmas stomachs squeezing past. He was small, slightly round and with a diamond sparkle in his eyes. A brogue from the Coronation Street School of English, introduced his intended route. Now this would have included the top of the tors on Bunion other than he had done them before, the top of the tors on Barney other than he would do them another time. So today he would just go to the top of this one and then to the top of that one. We would meet again. This was announced at the top of the stile. A loop around and over Commedagh took me to Donard. And sure enough, there he was, craning up at the trig point on the top of the Water Board wall. “No way to the top,” he snuffled and gathered himself for his next ascent to “Comicduck” (I guessed this was Commedagh) now that he had done “Donald”. Then he got Slieve Binnian wrong too - “Stob Binnian” and suddenly I realised I was in the presence of magic. “I have been out three nights and three days now,” he smiled straight at me. “I do this every year around now. It’s the light.” Binnian Ireland, Stob Binnian Scotland and doubtless every other high top in the Celtic Diaspora. Every year around now. The light that dies – and the light that lives. What secrets it could reveal. If only we could take the splinters out of our eyes. South, in a landscape of pewter grey, an unexplainable pool of yellow illuminated North Dublin. “Very strange,” I thought.

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 7 hours ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 14.9km, Climb: 763m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper H

Keeper Hill from Silvermines (Knockanroe Carpark)
caseyc481 23 hours ago.
Wanted to climb Keeper Hill from the Silvermines side. Parked at Knockanroe carpark, walking downhill on fire road unt... walk, Len: 7.5km, Climb: 233m, Area: Keeper Hill, Shannon (Ireland) Keeper Hi

MountainViews Gathering 2017
simon3 a day ago.
The event on Feb 17, 2017 had Peter Walker as MC with two main speakers.Gareth McCormack spoke about the vision and technicalities of modern landscape photography.Paul Clements discussed the Wild ...

Tick/Lyme Disease Awareness
Geo a day ago.
Don't be a tick - Check out this article and be mindful of yourselves out there http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/lyme-disease-a-tiny-tick-can-pack-a-huge-punch-1.2964241I hav...

Meenavally: A pleasant walk to theTower
BigFly 2 days ago.
Lovely pleasant walk

Two Rock Mountain: Red Grouse near the summit.
BarnaneGoat a week ago.
I climbed here a few days ago from the east along the Dublin Mountains Way. The summit was shrouded in mist and we went astray at one point. I later discovered this was the result of a way marker ...

Sgurr a'Choire Riabhaich: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small
melohara 2 weeks ago.
If the Allt a' Choire Charnaig is in spate there is a small footbridge, wires and planks, a little upstream

Sgurr Thuilm: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small footbridge u
melohara 2 weeks ago.

Ballysitteragh Stroll
Bunsen7 2 days ago.
A short stroll from the Conor Pass carpark. My plans for greater things fell victim to the inclement weather.Simply st... walk, Len: 7.0km, Climb: 340m, Area: An Bhinn Dubh, Brandon Group (Ireland) A

Sgurr nan Coireachan: If Allt a' Choire Charnaig in spate there's a small foot
melohara 2 weeks ago.

The Big Gun: A Big View
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
A view of the Big Gun, Cnoc na Péiste and the southern ridge of the Reeks taken after a light fall of snow in late January 2017

Tievebaun: Crash of 42-31420 in 1943
dp_burke 2 weeks ago.
Just a quick link to the story of 42-31420's crash on Tievebaun as I found it.http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/42-31420.htmIf you do go up top the small bit of wreckage that is left, please don't r...