<< Prev page 1 .. 210 211 212 213 214 215 .. 372 Next page >>
Dublin Wicklow Mou.. by Dwmrt   (Show all posts)
CaptainVertigo
2010-11-29 19:26:41
"The Errigal Video" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
The Errigal Video (Expand pics)
Errigal in Crystal Clarity: murraynolan
My grown up children complain that I now spend more time preparing for each walk than actually walking! The same goes for the post mortem. They remind me that when they were younger I combusted with greater spontaneity. Perhaps age devours less and savours more? My approach to fresh hills is quite methodical, and usually involves printing off the entire MV oeuvre. Lately I have found it very helpful to have YouTube Videos of the target hill, and best of all is when our Members provide a link. I lately came across a piece by MurrayNolan (see MV Errigal). But he is far too modest about his work. He has achieved crystal clarity with no doubt perfect weather conditions. The result is as good as I have seen. My only regret is that he didn't take more shots. What can I say? Well done. It adds greatly to our body of work.
The Mourne Mountai.. by kernowclimber   (Show all posts)
Totally agree with.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Just to follow on .. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Just a short note .. by Dessie1   (Show all posts)
Prepare for a W.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
To be fair to exxo.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
Ah yes, the Bards,.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
Whine not whilst w.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 a day ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 3 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 4 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 4 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 3 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 4 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 4 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 4 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...