<< Prev page 1 .. 323 324 325 326 327 328 .. 366 Next page >>
I have just heard .. by Jaak   (Show all posts)
I didn't intend be.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
OK, padodes, I spe.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)
I wonder if lookin.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
There is a problem.. by tgormley   (Show all posts)
The Labour Party a.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I was delighted to.. by beckett   (Show all posts)
2007-04-19 20:57:00
Erosion to paths
To add to the erosion of paths topic, I too have noticed the affects of it in my local hills, the Mourne Mountains. Maybe others have noticed aswell, that the erosion to the Glenn River valley track is awful. I hadn't been up the Glenn River valley in a few years untill recently, and as I ascended through the woods at the first stage of the track (alongside the river) I found it extremely hard to walk on, and in some parts it was hazardous. Mountain bikers are very frequent on this track, and I'm sure this isn't helping at all. Another track which has become badly eroded over the past year or so, is the Ott Mountain track. A large proportion of the track is completely made up of loose boulders, which, like the Glenn River track, is very hard to walk on. But, I fear that there is little that can be done about this problem.
I think most walke.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
A recent contribut.. by Wounded Huzzar   (Show all posts)

Hart Walk
GSheehy an hour ago.
{First off, I wasn't with the lads. Just sharing the info.}What?s not to like reading about the trials and tribulation walk, Len: 115.7km, Climb: 3215m, Area: Dublin/Wicklow (Ireland) Cloghernagh,

Torc Mountain W Top: Big brother ....
hivisibility 2 days ago.
Here's a picture of Torc itself from Torc West Top. Approx 600m between the two summits.

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 2 days ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 3 days ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 4 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 3 days ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 5 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 6 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 3 days ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.