<< Prev page 1 .. 215 216 217 218 219 220 .. 366 Next page >>
Many thanks to Wic.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
A somewhat inadequ.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
Hi All! Just to le.. by Bernieor   (Show all posts)
Finished my local .. by shaunkelly   (Show all posts)
In the last MV New.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
2010-10-11 10:09:45
The Afterglow
There is a wonderful moment in Woody Allen's "Everything you always wanted to know about..." when the camera moves back from a close-up of Gene Wilder smoking in post-coital bliss to reveal, sharing his bed, a sheep. I am currently in such a state. If I were a smoker I would be smoking. I am at peace with the Universe, although there is every danger that when the camera reveals the whole story, the cause of my tranquillity may involve "sheepishness" on the part of many. Like Woody I find it difficult to express myself in mere words, and must therefore sunstantially rely on visual images.So I have prepared a small piece of cinema in order to convey my sincere thanks to Wicklore and Brenno (although I singularly failed to do justice to the more restrained contribution of McCrithley which will have to feature in the sequel). This laconic "moving picture" has been completed within a very short period and will fall far short of the standard to which you have lately become accustomed. Its appearance on YouTube will depend on successful processing. In previous cases my movies have been referred to the Board of Directors of YouTube for approval and since I am a controversial figure, you may not be able to see anything for a month. When the censors have given the OK you can enter YouTube and search there for CapVertigo (or Scavenger Five). I began by seeking to capture the terrible poignancy of walkers who "pass in the day", but sadly lost sight of my objectives as time went on. The result is what critics are calling "A Dog's Dinner"

Hi folks,
.. by muzag   (Show all posts)
The weatherfolk ha.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Oh Christmas! me l.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Thanks to Wicklore.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 14 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 15 hours ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 16 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...