<< Prev page 1 .. 215 216 217 218 219 220 .. 366 Next page >>
Many thanks to Wic.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
A somewhat inadequ.. by dhmiriam   (Show all posts)
Hi All! Just to le.. by Bernieor   (Show all posts)
Finished my local .. by shaunkelly   (Show all posts)
In the last MV New.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
There is a wonderf.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Hi folks,
.. by muzag   (Show all posts)
The weatherfolk ha.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
2010-10-10 21:44:13
Dessie d. Hare, C'pan has none
Oh Christmas! me legs are bollixed, me liver is banjaxed, me throat is a horse.

It must have been a good night,(well apart from Derry259 and Wicklores singing).
The day itself was in the finest Scav tradition of a group of friendless meeting in a car park somewhere to walk up some hills followed by lots of craic(ed?).
For some reason at the col to Table Wicklore pointed to a few "extra summits " and said "seek"
(jaysus I know when I'm not wanted)
It was here I had my first introduction to dHare whose flying heels dbloke and I were to follow for the rest of the day untl we caught the main group on the zig-zags.
Apologies to Kernow and Crotchety(damn my spelling;-) whom we unintentionally lost to the main group, that meant they had to endure tales of murder(say it for us again Cra) and slaughter of their compatriots.
Dinner was to say the least entertaining sitting as I was with Bleck cra, Vertigo, Simon3, dbloke, and osullivanm surrounding me all the while being hilariously interrupted by the antics of the wicklore youff wing of the table.
All in all lads my wounds are small and I will carry them gladly, thanks Brenno and Wicklore for the day and night (Brenno is now an Honoury Corkman and has recieved the string to the city and a first class All-Ireland ticket).

Where to next? Back to the kingdom?

And C'pan I'll save a lock for you.
Thanks to Wicklore.. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 18 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 20 hours ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 20 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 4 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy 2 days ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 3 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...