<< Prev page 1 .. 224 225 226 227 228 229 .. 372 Next page >>
In view of the fac.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
wicklore
2010-10-02 00:57:18
"An acceptable track in Glenmalure" from wicklore Expand pics
An acceptable track in Glenmalure (Expand pics)
I Roving Acceptable Track
If you can forgive the obvious grammatical error in the title piece, you will soon find it is apt....

As I read the continuing pleasantries between the Captain and Bleck Cra, I am filled with joy at the thought of the upcoming Scavenger 5 MountainViews walk on 9th October. I can't wait to hear several hours of this moral, philosophical and/or salacious chat as we tramp for 7 hours through Wicklows finest upland quagmire. As the last Scavvy walk proved, you can take a bunch of relative strangers and make great conversation! It will be great for jackill to have an ally in the Captain in his efforts to keep Cra under control. But if the going gets tough Bleck Cra will turn on his turbo chargers (fuelled by air and nothing more) and take off into the Wicklow wilds.
As if to prove the Captain and the Cra are destined to walk together, I can reveal that an anagram of their two names combined is in fact "I roving acceptable track". I hope that both they and all our other friends on the day will find that we are indeed roving an acceptable track.

So once again, all welcome on 9th October, meeting at Glenmalure Lodge at 9:30am to travel to the starting point. A 7 hour hike taking in Lugnaquillia, so wet gear and good humour essential. Post walk craic in Lynhams of Laragh, and many staying in the locality overnight for extended late night discussions on stuff and stuff. Enquiries to wicklore or Brenno via the messaging service.
And by the way, all welcome means all welcome - just be fit for a day in the hills!
Ah well Vertical,... by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I am currently pre.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Quid quid id est ,.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
I have received, o.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
What I want to kno.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
As I go about my i.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
On 12th September .. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Cra ca doodle do!<.. by jackill   (Show all posts)

Not mountains, but might interest lovers of t
Aidy 5 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1cedpjs7nwId_STtX9cNIDFoyMnRHtG-I've started a wee project doing photo slideshows on the beaches in Co Donegal. It has unfortunately kept me out of the moun...

Exploring Binevenagh
Peter Walker 12 hours ago.
walk, Len: 8.8km, Climb: 392m, Area: Binevenagh, Keenaght (Ireland) Binevenagh

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy 2 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 6 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy a week ago.
A simple little Binnion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need yo...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy a week ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman a week ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Downloading Tracks
tomodub a week ago.
Hi Simon3.Success - thank you again all worked out this time.Best wishes,Tomodub

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb a week ago.