<< Prev page 1 .. 229 230 231 232 233 234 .. 366 Next page >>
This just in from .. by simon3   (Show all posts)
After moving one s.. by three5four0   (Show all posts)
The recent comment.. by Conor74   (Show all posts)
As a follow on to .. by mcrtchly   (Show all posts)
Tried the new acce.. by brenno   (Show all posts)
2010-08-09 11:41:12
"ATV and mountain scramblers on Knockmealdown" from mcrtchly Expand pics
ATV and mountain scramblers on Knockmealdown (Expand pics)
Motor Scramblers and ATV
Yesterday our pleasant climb up the slopes of Knockmealdown was spoiled by the noise and fumes from a group of off-road motor scramblers and ATV's. The path to the top of Knockmealdown is quite eroded and rocky, so the scramblers took to the adjacent bog casuing more erosion and damage to the peat and vegetation. We decided to take some action. I first thought of contacting the Parks & Wildlife Ranger for the area but as I didn't have a phone number I managed to get an internet connection on my mobile phone (on the top of the mountain!) and login to Mountainviews where the only number I could find was for the Wicklow Ranger. I called the Ranger in Wicklow and she told me that only Wicklow National Park has a duty Ranger at weekends and I would have to report the activities to Parks & Wildlife on Monday - of course the bikers would have gone by then. I next decided to try the local Garda and I got the phone number for the Garda station in Cahir (Tel. 052-7445630). The Gardai said that they would send out a car on the 'Vee' road and I directed them to the 'gap' where the bikers were descending. We were still on the the mountain at this time but we did see the bikers talking to some persons in car (not a marked Garda car but maybe an unmarked car?) at the foot of the mountain. I don't know if they were caught by the Gardai or not as they then rode off along a forest track. We do have clear photos of the culpits and will pass these on to Parks & Wildlife. I also will try to get a list of rangers emails and phone numbers from my contacts in Parks & Wildlife which might be of use to other MV users in reporting bikers on other mountains.
I should like to u.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Tried Geolives aft.. by stevemcb   (Show all posts)
“ist” is bad: rac-.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Hello everyone, my.. by jameselectric   (Show all posts)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 15 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.

Knocknabreeda: View of Carrauntoohil from the summit.
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
Carrauntoohil from Knocknabreeda summit.

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...

Slieve Foye
Onzy 6 days ago.
Sunday route over Slieve Foye and along the ridge for a bit... walk, Len: 9.9km, Climb: 439m, Area: Slieve Foye, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland) Slie...