<< Prev page 1 .. 369 370 371 372 373 Next page >>
AidanB, I don't me.. by csd   (Show all posts)
Hello AidanB. Inte.. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
AidanB
2005-03-16 14:54:40
Can anyone help me with this: I was recently given a rather nice second hand GPS unit. I was very impressed with it until I realised that the Irish OS grid references it gives are from 1965 and are about 1km out from the current OS maps.
I am traditionally a map and compass navigator and pretty handy at it too, so I need some convincing of the value of this unit or I might just put it on E-Bay.. can anyone advise?
(PS I already tried this on another forum and was inundated by GPS geeks who were convinced I needed a GPS to get to the local shops... not what I'm looking for)
ricky k - Shirley .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Hello bfawcus, we .. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
Can anyone recomme.. by bfawcus   (Show all posts)
Ah sure, you never.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Has anybody got pr.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Thanks all for the.. by SDillmore   (Show all posts)
Hi SDillmore! As I.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)

Illanmaster: Watching Over.
sandman 12 hours ago.
This hill watches over Illanmaster Island and although its summit is nothing of note its cliffs are fantastic. As described previously this can be part of a coastal walk or for direct accent park ...

Mweelrea Mt via Ben Lugmore
marzka 12 hours ago.
A very nice walk with amazing views and small bit of scrambling which can be avoided.Dificulty: Medium- ascending via... walk, Len: 13.4km, Climb: 1111m, Area: Ben Lugmore East Top, Mweelrea Mountain

Corraduff Hill: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
Corraduff Hill as seen from the Benwee Loop Walk.

Bencorrbeg - Binn an Choire and Binn Dubh
marzka 12 hours ago.
Very nice walk with a bit of scrambling.And this GPS track involve that mentioned part of scrambling - but if you want... walk, Len: 10.4km, Climb: 944m, Area: Bencorrbeg, Twelve Bens (Ireland) Benco

Benwee NE Head: Coastal Hill
sandman 23 hours ago.
It is easy to reach the area i took the photo from just a slight detour off the Benwee Loop Walk F8220244947 it is the next bit that the problem arises. Definitely an Ian Miller summit.

Teermoyle and Been Hill
marzka 13 hours ago.
Very nice walk with goregous views.Dificulty: Medium- a bit wet terrain, mostly grassy- some small part of walk on th... walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 843m, Area: Keamconneragh, Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Irel

Doonvinalla W Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
The Stags of Broad Haven just one of the fantastic photo opportunities from this summit which is easily accessed from the Benwee Loop Walk the easy option from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259.

Mangerton via Stoompa and Horses Glen
marzka 13 hours ago.
Lovely walk with stunning views.Dificulty: Medim- wet terrain as crossing the Owgariff river- very steepy descending w... walk, Len: 13.6km, Climb: 673m, Area: Stoompa, Mangerton (Ireland) Stoompa, M

Doonvinalla E Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Easy access from the pier at Portacloy F8395844259 follow the Benwee Loop walk and branch off where appropriate . The photo shows views across towards Benwee Head in the background .

Carrauntoohil via central guy and dawn via oshea-gully WINTER WALK
marzka 14 hours ago.
This is a winter climb, therefore the winter equipment is needed and extra time should be added while planning that r... walk, Len: 10.6km, Climb: 779m, Area: Carrauntoohil, MacGillycuddy's Reeks (Ir

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
Looking across to Doonvinalla N Top from E Top i decided it was above my pay grade to attempt the summit climb today . But to the right of the photo a route to the top seemingly exists so another ...

Doonvinalla N Top: Coastal Hill
sandman a day ago.
The look out post 3 years after my first visit.