<< Prev page 1 .. 234 235 236 237 238 239 .. 366 Next page >>
I just want to say.. by Geo   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2010-07-02 21:53:41
"Woof of the World" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
Woof of the World (Expand pics)
Wick, would you ever just stick to the prescription! From the alleged comfort of my own cell, the shared use of a satellite dish and at the whim of a warder’s TV remote control I can wonder at the wild beauty of the magnificent Bengal Tiger, the regal King Cobra, the noble Polar Bear, the vast Hippopotamus, the whatever Nile Crocodile and I could just hug the television, that is if the other inmates wouldn’t kick me to death – but (and I am obliged to repeat myself), BUT if the feckin’ things are in my back yard I want them shot. Completely shot – and deader than a dodo’s Grandpa. Whatshisname the American bloke who thinks he’s English. Come on. Thingamyjig. Bill Bryson in his fab book on the Appallachian (sp?) trail, recounts the hillwalker having the back of his head removed by a Drivvly Bear sent demented by the presence of a Chocolate Bar, so what chance would we have with the loopers, in the Reeks or the Wicklow Mountains or the Bluestacks or the Mournes carrying around a dead goat or a chicken or a caribou? Well? None I think. Anyway, If you want woofles, have woofles but don’t blame me if you get winged trying to get them off the boat. Anyway again, I have to go now. Give us an “L”, give us a “Y” … Pee Ess, one day if you want to pack a small bag and good running shoes, I shall take you to a hill in Scotland where there are wolfies. Circa 20 years ago in desperate Highland blizzards I watched the meeting of tracks – one early red deer and 3 wolfies and the ensuing carfuffle. This cannot be, I told myself, until I heard them shout across the glen. Possibly there are still mammoths north of the old USSR. They say. Pee also Ess, I come from a place where a man breeds dogs with foxes. The upshots sit in his land rover when he is in the pub. Apparently both are impossible.
I wish to announce.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
somebody mention t.. by three5four0   (Show all posts)
Hey all, planning .. by thisbliss   (Show all posts)
Ah maclimber. I se.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
poor old micko jac.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)
its a stupid quest.. by woody   (Show all posts)
http://www.irishti.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
Woody, the Garmin .. by darrenf   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 5 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 7 hours ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 7 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...