<< Prev page 1 .. 239 240 241 242 243 244 .. 372 Next page >>
My first time to c.. by david bourke   (Show all posts)
Geolives are offer.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
I've just acquired.. by stevemcb   (Show all posts)
I just want to say.. by Geo   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2010-07-02 21:53:41
"Woof of the World" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
Woof of the World (Expand pics)
BAG YOUR PACK
Wick, would you ever just stick to the prescription! From the alleged comfort of my own cell, the shared use of a satellite dish and at the whim of a warder’s TV remote control I can wonder at the wild beauty of the magnificent Bengal Tiger, the regal King Cobra, the noble Polar Bear, the vast Hippopotamus, the whatever Nile Crocodile and I could just hug the television, that is if the other inmates wouldn’t kick me to death – but (and I am obliged to repeat myself), BUT if the feckin’ things are in my back yard I want them shot. Completely shot – and deader than a dodo’s Grandpa. Whatshisname the American bloke who thinks he’s English. Come on. Thingamyjig. Bill Bryson in his fab book on the Appallachian (sp?) trail, recounts the hillwalker having the back of his head removed by a Drivvly Bear sent demented by the presence of a Chocolate Bar, so what chance would we have with the loopers, in the Reeks or the Wicklow Mountains or the Bluestacks or the Mournes carrying around a dead goat or a chicken or a caribou? Well? None I think. Anyway, If you want woofles, have woofles but don’t blame me if you get winged trying to get them off the boat. Anyway again, I have to go now. Give us an “L”, give us a “Y” … Pee Ess, one day if you want to pack a small bag and good running shoes, I shall take you to a hill in Scotland where there are wolfies. Circa 20 years ago in desperate Highland blizzards I watched the meeting of tracks – one early red deer and 3 wolfies and the ensuing carfuffle. This cannot be, I told myself, until I heard them shout across the glen. Possibly there are still mammoths north of the old USSR. They say. Pee also Ess, I come from a place where a man breeds dogs with foxes. The upshots sit in his land rover when he is in the pub. Apparently both are impossible.
I wish to announce.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
somebody mention t.. by three5four0   (Show all posts)
Hey all, planning .. by thisbliss   (Show all posts)
Ah maclimber. I se.. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
poor old micko jac.. by maclimber   (Show all posts)

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark
simon3 7 hours ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...