<< Prev page 1 .. 240 241 242 243 244 245 .. 372 Next page >>
its a stupid quest.. by woody   (Show all posts)
http://www.irishti.. by ahendroff   (Show all posts)
Woody, the Garmin .. by darrenf   (Show all posts)
thinking about get.. by woody   (Show all posts)
If there are any w.. by roscorrocket   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2010-06-24 22:49:01
"The Big Bad Ben" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
The Big Bad Ben (Expand pics)
WHATEVER YOUR BAG
A few words Wick if I might, ref the bagging/notbagging debate. When notbagging shouts “foul”, stick your fingers in your ears. Before the oul sod snaffled my thighs, my lungs, my heart and my soul, I was that bagger where bagging was born. Highland Scotland. High heather, wide bumble bees, low green hills and other such dandering pigeons were scattered by the devil wild cats of Glencoe. The first foray was the Aonach Eagach and by the time I was on the Belfast boat, I had a quarter of Scotland’s Munros pinned to the map; many of them several times over. The summit of Sciath Chuil I crawled to on my belly on foot-thick ice and a force 8. It is what bagging is about, which of course Wicklore you know only too well and for which your efforts cannot be commended enough. For those of us who don’t, here it is. The hills decide what they give us. We don’t. You may have your best day ever, eating scones at the foot of Benbulbin or hanging from an ice axe over the Big Gun. If you get it from bagging, go for it. My training was at the heels of one of the most impressive baggers in these islands, whose parents were told his life would be difficult, given walking was not really an option. By the time we got to his last Munro I was just about keeping up with him. “What are you going to do now,” I asked. “Well son,” he said “I’ll go back and have a look at them now.” Perhaps the most intense moments we will ever have is when bagging hills. Wick, you just keep doing it and best of all, reporting back.
Just picked up a n.. by three5four0   (Show all posts)
This month marks t.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Thanks to everyone.. by wicklore   (Show all posts)
Hi Ed, I'm afraid .. by scapania   (Show all posts)

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 2 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 3 days ago.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 3 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Into The Coum(eragh)'s
GSheehy 3 days ago.
The forecast was for heat, so I said I?d have an early start. Down to the base layer by the time I got to The Gap at ... walk, Len: 27.2km, Climb: 1226m, Area: Coumfea West Top, Comeragh Mountains (I

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 3 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...

Dunkerron Spine
Msbinireland 3 days ago.
Caution: ONLY consider doing this route in clear weather and after a dry spell. Many sections may be impassable after... run, Len: 29.3km, Climb: 1597m, Area: Mullaghanattin, Dunkerron Mountains (Ire

Lettercallow: Coastal Hill
sandman 3 days ago.
By parking at L8760028966 you can walk on to open hillside with no access issues . A gentle accent to the summit area which unlike its nearest neighbour has no seating arrangements for the visitor...