<< Prev page 1 .. 367 368 369 370 371 372 Next page >>
AidanB - I have be.. by jackill   (Show all posts)
Folks, I have a qu.. by danhughes1234uk   (Show all posts)
CSD I think you've.. by AidanB   (Show all posts)
AidanB, I don't me.. by csd   (Show all posts)
Hello AidanB. Inte.. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
Can anyone help me.. by AidanB   (Show all posts)
ricky k - Shirley .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Hello bfawcus, we .. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
Can anyone recomme.. by bfawcus   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2005-03-01 17:50:07
"" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
(Expand pics)
Ah sure, you never have to wait long. Currently scouring the Mournes for a fitness level suitable for a Women’s Cancer Charity Challenge, is a small, scrubbed, desperate critter whom we shall call “Dotty”, (for fear of getting my bake knocked in). I met her a couple of weeks back, knocking Donard’s bake in. She is loud, straightforward, has as much interest in the cache of the sport as fly and calls a spade a spade - well almost. This Saturday I met her on the Brandy Pad below the Castles. “Here he comes!” she shouts to her companion, unaffected that we have only ever met once before. This companion is Eastern European, stunning, with a ring through her conk, a hundredweight hank of hair in a ponytail and an accent that would melt Alec Ferguson’s dentures. Indulge me this detail. After a lot of slapping and thumping, Dot, perhaps to me, perhaps to Ninochka, perhaps to no one at all, aims a sweeping gesture towards Slieve Beg and assures “That is Cove” and to Cove, “That is Beg. And which one is La Manga?” I paused …. for oxygen. “That’ll be the one around Andalucia somewhere”, I thought. Nina smiled at me, no doubt fluent in sixteen languages and a first in Cartography. “Hah” I said, trying to say “Ah”. “Hah - that is Slieve Beg, that one Cove Mountain and that one (nice and clearly now) is Lamagan. “Yes” says Dotters, “Lumumum.” And I thought, the price we have paid to bask in the sweet warm mud of our modern world is innocence - good on you girl: call it what you like. Go bag it and bag it again - and one day she will overtake us…., when running up “La Manga”. Pic North of La Manga.

Slievenashaska: Wild mountain run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Slievenashaska taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Mweelrea: Brilliant Mountain, But Demands Respect
Aidy a day ago.

Mullaghanattin Circuit
Onzy a day ago.

Caora Bhán: Dunkerron ridge run
Dbosonnet 5 days ago.
Coomnacronia taken from the Dunkerron ridge. Track 3488 for details

Scarr ridge from Trooperstown Carpark

Topped Mountain: Short & simple
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.
A simple little Minion to climb (the name Topped 'Mountain' is a bit of a stretch). A gravel path & steps from a carpark will see you reach the top in about 15 minutes, and you won't even need you...

Crockmulroney: Good summit for Carn-baggers
Colin Murphy 6 days ago.

Near Ring Hill, Shannon (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
For the walkers who may not wish to visit the summit area a photo of same.

Near Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Ireland)
mlmoroneybb 6 days ago.
Sunday A walk started at Cush carpark taking in the soldier?s hole, Saunder?s Lodge, the grassey Knol, ice road. Lou walk, Len: 13.2km, Climb: 1000m, Area: Lough Curra Mtn, Galty Mountains (Irela

Oileán Mhuighinse: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
The walk from the car parked at L7692629281 on the graveyard road to the high point is short but out from the public road it is entirely on private property . Access via the gate up to the small c...

Eanach Mheáin: Galway Island
sandman 6 days ago.
Connemara Island Golf Course is a nine hole course located on this island and just inside its entrance at L9080830893 is the 11th/17th hole where the natural high point is adjacent to the ladies t...