<< Prev page 1 .. 362 363 364 365 366 Next page >>
AidanB, I don't me.. by csd   (Show all posts)
Hello AidanB. Inte.. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
Can anyone help me.. by AidanB   (Show all posts)
ricky k - Shirley .. by Bleck Cra   (Show all posts)
Hello bfawcus, we .. by Claude Hopper   (Show all posts)
Can anyone recomme.. by bfawcus   (Show all posts)
Bleck Cra
2005-03-01 17:50:07
"" from Bleck Cra Expand pics
(Expand pics)
Ah sure, you never have to wait long. Currently scouring the Mournes for a fitness level suitable for a Women’s Cancer Charity Challenge, is a small, scrubbed, desperate critter whom we shall call “Dotty”, (for fear of getting my bake knocked in). I met her a couple of weeks back, knocking Donard’s bake in. She is loud, straightforward, has as much interest in the cache of the sport as fly and calls a spade a spade - well almost. This Saturday I met her on the Brandy Pad below the Castles. “Here he comes!” she shouts to her companion, unaffected that we have only ever met once before. This companion is Eastern European, stunning, with a ring through her conk, a hundredweight hank of hair in a ponytail and an accent that would melt Alec Ferguson’s dentures. Indulge me this detail. After a lot of slapping and thumping, Dot, perhaps to me, perhaps to Ninochka, perhaps to no one at all, aims a sweeping gesture towards Slieve Beg and assures “That is Cove” and to Cove, “That is Beg. And which one is La Manga?” I paused …. for oxygen. “That’ll be the one around Andalucia somewhere”, I thought. Nina smiled at me, no doubt fluent in sixteen languages and a first in Cartography. “Hah” I said, trying to say “Ah”. “Hah - that is Slieve Beg, that one Cove Mountain and that one (nice and clearly now) is Lamagan. “Yes” says Dotters, “Lumumum.” And I thought, the price we have paid to bask in the sweet warm mud of our modern world is innocence - good on you girl: call it what you like. Go bag it and bag it again - and one day she will overtake us…., when running up “La Manga”. Pic North of La Manga.
Has anybody got pr.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)
Thanks all for the.. by SDillmore   (Show all posts)
Hi SDillmore! As I.. by evelyn   (Show all posts)

Barnahowna: Fine-weather photo
bryanmccabe 14 hours ago.
Thought a fine-weather photo of Barnahowna summit was needed!

Maumtrasna North-East Top: Worth a visit!
Collaborative entry Last edit by: bryanmccabe 15 hours ago.
Maumtrasna NE top, approximately 2km NE of Maumtrasna, is worth a visit in its own right. The most direct access is via the steep ridge up to nearby spot height 542. One possible starting point is...

Crossderry: Summit No 2 of a fine ridge walk.
hivisibility 16 hours ago.
Here is another view of Crossderry taken from Mothillín. You can see the twin peaks at the summit area. The summit proper is the one on the right. Knocknabreeda in the background.Its pretty rugged...

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy a day ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility a day ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility a day ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility a day ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility a day ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...