<< Prev page 1 .. 331 332 333 334 335 336 .. 366 Next page >>
I am currently wor.. by nagirock   (Show all posts)
Prompted by the su.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Padodes, Robroying.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Padodes -You point.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Weedavie, allow me.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
I suspect we're si.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
2007-01-10 10:22:16
I'd just like to add my 2 pennies. I use a sheet and compass, but always have the Garmin in my sack for that "just in case", As do i have a first aid kit, a phone, changes of clothes, a fire starting kit ( matches plus magnesium striking rods ), and a few other items. I admit it - i'm an aging scout.
However often ( if I dont own the sheet - which as there are a vast number covering this great country - i dont have them all ) I might just go out with some downloaded routes and the Garmin. - Am i a bad person ?? - hopefuly not being sneered at by those who have the sheet of an area. ITS NOT ONLY MAPPING AND NAV SKILLS THAT KEEP YOU OUT OF DANGER !!, awareness and common sense do have a part to play in mountain saftey.
On a lighter note - i'd just like to add how much the strapping on of the Garmin to my daughters wrist - so she can see the distance to a top decrease as she walks, seems to boost her drive when her weary 6 year old legs might otherwise fail !
Weedavie, you are .. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Padodes, you're wr.. by weedavie   (Show all posts)
Thanks for your co.. by david bourke   (Show all posts)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 19 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 20 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 19 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 20 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 20 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 20 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.

Knocknabreeda: View of Carrauntoohil from the summit.
hivisibility 20 hours ago.
Carrauntoohil from Knocknabreeda summit.

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...

Slieve Foye
Onzy 6 days ago.
Sunday route over Slieve Foye and along the ridge for a bit... walk, Len: 9.9km, Climb: 439m, Area: Slieve Foye, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland) Slie...