<< Prev page 1 .. 333 334 335 336 337 338 .. 366 Next page >>
Mick Farren entere.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
PURE (Protecting U.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
Like CaptainVertig.. by bejasus   (Show all posts)
2006-12-22 07:55:47
"Mount Brandon" from CaptainVertigo Expand pics
Mount Brandon (Expand pics)
Pilgrim's Progress
It seems very quiet here for the last few days. I'm sure you're all on the hills. Sadly, my spouse has directed that I desist from Trekker activity on Christmas Eve and Day. Perhaps I am not alone in suffering under the yoke of a harsh regime ? In case that is so, may I draw a substitute activity to your attention. Last night while half asleep on the couch I spotted a weary group trudging uphill in the mist. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. In fact it turns out that TnaG propose to broadcast a TV program on Christmas Eve at 4.25pm entitled: "I gCoisceim na Naomh" - "In the Footsteps of the Saints". The TnaG website says: "From Mount Brandon to Claghane, I gCoiscéim na Naomh shows how St Brendan’s footsteps have left an indelible imprint on the landscape of West Kerry. It is through the people of West Kerry and their intimate connection with the landscape, as we discover in this half-hour documentary, that the image of St Brendan endures." May I take this oppurtunity to wish you all a Happy Christmas and active New year.
Parodes -- yes I w.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
It now appears tha.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Thanks to Mountain.. by padodes   (Show all posts)
Sunday 3rd was one.. by simon3   (Show all posts)
The Irish Farmer's.. by CaptainVertigo   (Show all posts)
Gyms, ghastly plac.. by simon3   (Show all posts)

Mothaillín: Fabulous views to the west from the summit.
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
Fine view towards Broghnabinnia and Caher from Mothillín summit.

Ott Mountain to Slieve Meelmore
Aidy 15 hours ago.
Started at the Ott/Blue Quarry car park on the Moyad Road, and took a route taking in six summits, going over Ott Mou... walk, Len: 10.9km, Climb: 730m, Area: Ott Mountain, Mourne Mountains (Ireland)

Mothaillín: Summit area as seen from Crossderry.
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
Mothillín summit from Crossderry.

Crossderry: Towards Knocknabreeda and Stumoa Dúloigh
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
The view towards Knocknabreeda fro Crossderry summit. Stumpa Dúloigh in the background. Knocknabreeda summit is located over to the far left of the ridge.

Glenbeigh to Galway's Bridge
GSheehy a day ago.
I?m putting this one up because it was a club walk and I was thinking about the other day. There aren?t too many clu walk, Len: 40.5km, Climb: 917m, Area: Glenbeigh Horseshoe (Ireland)

Cable Car to the Hellfire Club - 20/10
cave-dweller 3 days ago.
Hello, There is a meeting being held in the Yellow House Pub in Rathfarnham in Dublin 14 tomorrow night at 8 pm about some proposed "redevelopments" in and around the Hellfire Club/Montpelier Hill...

Crossderry: Summit looking East.
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
Summit of Crossderry with view back towards Mothillín.There are 2 similar heights at the summit area. The summit is the one nearest the Eastern Reeks.

Peak bagging in The Sperrins in autumn
peter1 2 days ago.
Again, the use of a mountain bike is highly recommended for this route, if you are a solo walker. I left my bike in a... walk, Len: 16.2km, Climb: 1048m, Area: Mullaghclogha, Sperrin Mountains (Irela

Stumpa Dúloigh SE Top: Fine views to the East...
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
The view to Knocknabreeda, Crossderry and Mothillín as seen from the aooroach to Stúmpa Dúloigh SE Top. Torc in the centre with Mangerton rising over to the right.

Knocknabreeda: View of Carrauntoohil from the summit.
hivisibility 15 hours ago.
Carrauntoohil from Knocknabreeda summit.

Quad bikers in the Mournes
mcrtchly 2 weeks ago.
Whilst out in the Mournes on Sunday 2nd Oct, at about 8.30am we were shocked to see a group of half a dozen quad bikers powering up the track from the Banns Road towards Lough Shannagh (below Doan...

Slieve Foye
Onzy 6 days ago.
Sunday route over Slieve Foye and along the ridge for a bit... walk, Len: 9.9km, Climb: 439m, Area: Slieve Foye, Cooley/Gullion (Ireland) Slie...